Observations from an Ex-Elder Part 3 - Why not create multiple Adam & Eve's?

by doubtfull1799 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I saw a post the other day on another forum (think it was Reddit) that put forward the idea that God should have created multiple couples, not just Adam and Ever. This idea was so simple and brilliantly logical, that I wish I'd thought of it, but I cannot claim credit! But it really got me thinking of the practical implications and benefits...

If God had simply created multiple couples instead of one, he would in one foul swoop have solved the problem of incest, as well as have prevented 6 thousand years of human tragedy and a ransom sacrifice being needed etc

If another couple had proved obedient they could have fathered a perfect human race. If we wanted to test mans obedience he started with too small a sample size. If he created hundreds of couples and most remained obedient, Satan would have no issue to raise. Jehovah could have written Adam and Eve off as an “anomaly.” How did he not think to create some “back-ups", and a more diverse gene pool? Of course all atheists know the answer to that. That is a non-issue to them.

Then that got me thinking back to the ransom sacrifice and a problem I had always struggled to grasp, but had never dared to voice until now: I always got the "ransom" part, but never understood the "sacrifice" part. What did Jesus really sacrifice?

His Life?

Can it be considered a great sacrifice if you lend something out for a couple of days only to have it returned to you? Its only a true sacrifice if you give it away permanently, right?

His Human Body?

Well he never needed a human body, or would have wanted one, so how much of a sacrifice was it to get one for a few years and then give it back because you didn't want it anyway?

He suffered?

OK, but in the scheme of things and from a spiritual heavenly standpoint, where a thousand years is but one day, it was mere seconds of his existence. Hardly a scratch, compared to what many humans suffer their whole lives. So how is it the greatest act of love? How was it truly a sacrifice in any real sense?

Please help me reason these concepts out and flesh them out further for addition to my thesis...

By the way, I'm sorry of some of these topics have been covered many times before. Though I have looked over some of the history of this forum, being new here I am not aware of everything... so I ask your indulgence/forgiveness in advance if I am covering old ground here and flogging a dead horse.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Is Jehovah is omnipotent he would have known that an angel would fall and deceive the firs human couple. So why even bother?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

He sacrificed?

He would have been desperate to return to be with his father, and to have his former life.

He suffered?

As you posted, it would have been a blip.

Draw Close - page 232

"Just think—Jehovah’s Son was in existence before the physical universe. How long, then, were Father and Son together? Some scientists estimate that the universe is 13 billion years old. Can you even imagine that much time? To help people grasp the age of the universe as estimated by scientists, one planetarium features a time line 360 feet [110 m] long. As visitors walk along that time line, each step they take represents about 75 million years in the life of the universe. At the end of the time line, all human history is represented by a single mark the thickness of one human hair! Yet, even if this estimate is correct, that entire time line would not be long enough to represent the life span of Jehovah’s Son! "

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Multiple couples?

This could have even been done with the couples placed separately on different continents.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Uh-oh didn't anyone warn you of the dangers of using logic? One of my favorite thoughts is why didn't God foresee the disasterous consequences of allowing the angels to materialize on earth to shag women?

• jaydee
    jaydee

...flogging a dead horse....

A mate of mine got disfellowshipped for that you know......so sad, so sad

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    doubtfull1799: I saw a post the other day on another forum (think it was Reddit) that put forward the idea that God should have created multiple couples, not just Adam and Ever. This idea was so simple and brilliantly logical, that I wish I'd thought of it, but I cannot claim credit! But it really got me thinking of the practical implications and benefits...

What evidence is there that theYHWH+JESUS combo is either logical or brilliant?

Those who think so may have their own cognitive problems!

• IronSharpensIron
    IronSharpensIron

One idea from me- symbolism. Much of the OT is symbolic of what was to be fulfilled in Jesus. Much of his existence on Earth was to fulfill the prophetic vision of the OT and to be undeniably who he claimed to be to those to whom he presented himself. As was much of his message, intended to show the difference in the 'Law' vs the 'grace' of the forgiveness his sacrifice made way for. His actual ministry being only three years, not even a "long" ministry at all, comparatively speaking. A blip, if you will. Many people like to focus on the brutal maltreatment he endured. Which again I believe to be symbolic of the "sacrificial Lamb" envisioned by John. As he was without sin and no person had a negative accusation to bring against him to justify his execution. I do not believe the 'short lived' nature of his murder was the point of his sacrifice, although it did demonstrate to what end he was willing to go for others who didn't even know or care who he was. He could have sent anyone to be a perfect person in his stead. He did choose not to though. I believe it says something of his character that he, the Way, logos, the power holding together the universe as he claimed, allowed himself to be killed by his creation, for his creation. He could have just destroyed everyone at the start and started over, and what could anyone have said against him? This is simply my perception through my own study of the topic you have brought up. Not an intention to be preachy or sell my thoughts to others.

Much love and keep searching,

Derrick

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

@nowwhat - that raises another question, if the angels are gender neutral, why were they only attracted to the women? Why did some not materialise as women to have relations with men?

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

How about this one: why didn't Adam & Eve have any children before they sinned? They would've been perfect, Jesus might not have been needed. Too many whys or what if's once critical thinking is 'allowed'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit