I Can tell by the Caterwauling That's it's Spring in Kansas City

by Robdar 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Some people use pellet guns to convince cats to stay away. A bow and arrow works well, too, if you're good with it.

LOL, Alan

I am a pretty good shot, that might be an idea!

In the UK, you can buy dried tiger shit to deter determined moggies from entering your garden.

The idea is that the wayward moggie will take a quick snifter, say to himself: "Holy macaroni! That is one big pussy hangin around, I'm outa here!" and promptly scarper. (Obviously only American cat's think like that. The Brit cats just think; "Goodness me, whatever huge feline has left that awful smell behind".)

OMG Englishman,

I am still rolling on the floor from that response! The problem is there are no tigers at the KC Zoo. We do have pumas and lions though. Maybe I can get one of the zoo keepers to give me a shovel full of poo.

Stephanus

You have some fine cats, er, moogies. I am sure you know that we don't call kitties moogies here in the States. I think I like the term moogies better but my cats don't understand Oz speak, so they don't answer when I call them that.

I like the idea of putting out something that would overwhelm that aroma and at the same time would send the message "Danger. Wild Animal What Kills Domestic Cats. Here Be Dragons." You know, that kinda thing.

LOL Francois

I don't know if the stray toms around here would behave even if they knew that there be dragons about. The little bastards have a strange gleam in their eye and a jaunt in their walk.

the vet told me that cats/dogs must be neutered before those hormones kick in , or the neutering will not prevent the undesirable behaviors we all are talking about.

Wednesday

Most of my cats were at one time strays. So I had to neuter as needed. But my youngest tom, Poppy, was fixed at approximately 5 months. When my youngest female, Monster, went into heat, he still did the humpty hump on her. Their behaviour was just plain shocking! The little cat sluts. LOL

According to farley mowat, peeing his own boundary markers kept the wolves at bay. I wonder if something like that would work w cats?

SS

I am assuming that Farley is a guy? If I had the male equipment, I might would give that a try. Seeing as how I don't, I will have to take volunteers.

Sheila

I love Main Coons. What awesome cats!

Thanks y'all for posting.

Love,

Robyn

• Angharad
    Angharad

You need a super-soaker loaded and ready to fire out of the window.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit