After Leaving The Witnesses, How Have You Made Your Life More Satisfying?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Makena1-

Don't tell me you're too old! If you're in your forties, that means that you still have plenty of life to live. Yes, I'm 24, but I still feel like I've missed out on a lot. Nevertheless, I plan on making the most of the rest of my life.

DanTheMan-

I inspire you?! Hehe, thanks, that's really sweet of you to say. I'm just doin' the best I can.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    After Leaving The Witnesses, How Have You Made Your Life More Satisfying?

Do you really have to ask?

1) Instead of going to meetings, I do other stuff.

2) Instead of going out in field service, I do other stuff.

3) Instead of reading Watchtowers, Awakes, and cheaply bound swill, I read other stuff.

4) Instead of celebrating the memorial by looking at bread and wine, I celebrate other stuff by doing things that are much more fun and meaningful than looking at bread and wine.

You make your life more satisfying simply by not having to do a bunch of stuff that wasn't fun or meaningful in the first place.

Dedalus

• minimus
    minimus

It's so enjoyable to not go to a meeting this morning, sleep in late, have a good breakfast and enjoy some Irish festivities. (everyone's Irish today). Yup, life doesn't get too much better!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I work at night, so the weekend is the only time our family gets to be together. When my wife was a Witness, a lot of our time together was lost due to service on Saturday morning and Sunday meetings.

I love the way our lives are now. Yesterday we all went to Six Flags over Texas and had a grand time as a family. There was no lingering feeling of guilt over missing service and no dread over getting up early for the Sunday meeting.

I still believe in God and when I talk to him I get a sense of calm and peace, a warm feeling like sitting on your grandmother’s lap whilst she rocks you back and forth. I don’t know if there is one true religion, but I rather doubt it. When I talk to God about it, I get the answer of “Just live your life”, so perhaps some things are not meant to be defined. Maybe some things in this life must be left unanswered by absolute facts and maybe, just maybe, those are the areas we patch in faith.

• minimus
    minimus

My wife and I just got back from being with a couple who are our best friends. The husband is "worldly" but attends some meetings. The wife is in the "truth". The wife asked us if we went to the meeting today. I answered that we did not. She immediately suggested that we go to her congregation where we might enjoy it more because we can be with more friends. I said that I wasn't interested in going there. She said, "I don't care if you don't go, but I do care whether your wife does". We laughed and didn't say too much. A few minutes later she once again complained about all the "nutty" friends. And she spoke negatively for quite a few minutes. After she was done, I expressed the thought that based upon what I was hearing, her congregation would not be a place that I would want to go.I said, "Besides, there's no difference anywhere, anyway." She gave me that look of irritation and said no more.......Even though she sees all the negatives, she remains glued to the association.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit