It must be a concern of all the information that is now been leaked

by joe134cd 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I am just getting a continual kick out of reading the jwtalkDOTnet thread on the subject. Many there are aghast that elders would post the content so quickly. The mods there are playing a constant game of "Whack-a-mole" trying to remove any reference to the content of the Oct 4th letter, or the fact that it even exists. Rather comical.

One or two consistent posters on the thread are being vague enough to avoid getting their threads deleted, but are consistent enough where I'm pretty sure they are members here as well!

Image result for whack a mole

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I don't think many see the BOE letters before they go out. That would indicate that someone high up on the food chain is an apostate leaking the information. If there is one, there is most likely others. Maybe even trapped because they have nothing if they left.

Maybe this will spur more to leak information.

From what I hear, the child abuse is quietly being whispered around Bethel. A lot more than at a congregation level.

• bohm
    bohm

is the jwtalk.net thread open to the public or does it require an account?

• DJS
    DJS

"I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to release letters that were not true but in a rue to catch bethelites or elders who leak out..."

This is always a possibility, but as I've mentioned before, denial/deception and other intelligence/counter-intelligence issues, especially at the large, multi-national corporate level, are very complicated things to develop, implement and manage effectively.

These types of 'games' if you will often require separate dedicated departments, and they are almost always the most secretive and highly controlled departments. To accomplish this effectively, the Dark Lords would have to expend a lot of resources and have contingency plans for unintended consequences, denial, spin masters, etc.

So many on this site routinely point out that the Dark Lords aren't bright enough to get in out of the rain; it is highly implausible that they are bright enough to effectively develop and manage such a highly complex process.

If they are stupid enough to try this, then that means the mean old apostates have a hook in their mouths. And that would be most excellent.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    They moved the thread behind the login. They don't want the public to see the finger-pointing and constant apostate paranoia that percolates up when dramatic (JW) events are happening.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is mentioned at the AGM about this recent leaked letter. What we may get just a smile, and a expression, "What? Were you expecting something else? You haven't been listening to those Apostate Websites have you?" They may have leaked it deliberately as a hook.
  • The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    The fact that there is even some dissent in the JWTalk thread is telling since it's moderated so closely. Some people seem to just be repeating scriptures to drown out their own negative thoughts about it.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    On the other hand. If it is truly an accurate leaked letter, this is a victory to the one that had the guts to release it. Thanks go to whoever that was.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Quarterback8 minutes agoI wouldn't be surprised if nothing is mentioned at the AGM about this recent leaked letter. What we may get just a smile, and a expression, "What? Were you expecting something else? You haven't been listening to those Apostate Websites have you?" They may have leaked it deliberately as a hook.
    I could actually see that happening. I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the leaked letter, but I would not be surprised if the GB, in an effort to keep these changes on THEIR terms, decides to "discredit" the leakers, change their original plans and hold off on a full announcement at the AGM and somehow change the letter that's to be read locally immediately afterward.

What we may get just a smile, and a expression, "What? Were you expecting something else? You haven't been listening to those Apostate Websites have you?"
    Of course ToMoIII would be gleeful in delivering that line to the audience.

Either way, senior management must be on a tear right now trying to figure out who the leaker at HQ is.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    One needn't belong to, or go to, apostate websites to hear about this. It is said that the building halt was announced at Bethel during morning worship recently. So there is that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit