Seems odd that the Bible never mentions Pryamids?

by dropoffyourkeylee 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Doesn't it seem strange that the Bible never mentions the Pyramids? How could someone go to Egypt at that time and not even so much as mention the huge monuments?
  • DJS
    DJS
    Penis envy.
  • prologos
    prologos
    they are tombs, the desolate places, unclean. and bulid during the making of Noah's ark, competing in time and material.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

It would be irrelevant to anyone who had been there or whose land was next to Egypt. No one was there sightseeing. Besides, the pyramids were monuments and crypts, not objects of worship. It doesn't get into the Hanging Gardens of Babylon either.

It's kinda like the Panamá Canal. People in Panamá don't marvel at something man made they see all the time or that elder relatives died building. It's just a boat highway, ie. It's just there.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Russell thought the Bible had quite a bit to say about Pyramids. (it doesn't ,as noted).

It is noteworthy that no Bible writer mentions anything that he could not have known by living where he did and in the time that he did, surely if it were "inspired of god" there would be one bit of accurate knowledge that was in addition to that which the writer could be expected to know ?

And at least, where they were inspired to write upon a subject, that it was correct ?

Check out the circumference of the "Molten Sea" copper bowl, (tub) used at the Temple, the writer had no knowledge of the true value of Pi.

Check out the Bible writer's idea of the earth and how it would look from the Heavens, they had no idea it was an oblate sphereoid.

• JeffT
    JeffT

As noted above, locals tend not to notice their own landmarks.

How many New Yorkers have never been to the top of the Empire State Building or out to the Statue of Liberty? I live in Seattle. I haven't been up the Space Needle in twenty years or so. I've never eaten in the restaurant.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Good old Chuck Russell tried to address that oversight. He loved the pyramids, he was buried under one.

He probably had pyramid hats, pyramid jammies, pyramid coffee mugs etc etc.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Didn't society articles say that the Brick making work the isrealites were forced into slavery for, was probably for the construction of pyramids?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Stuck - I think that was one of the pictures in the book of bible stories.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes...I think you are correct Sparrow.... I remember that now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit