THE MOVERS AND SHAKERS AT BETHEL

by JT 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

rr says

I know, or should say Knew Lee Waters, served in the same congregation with his moms, Corine who died some years ago!

Yes i knew her as well

she was well known at bethel for always trying to set you up with a sister

me and my boys went to her house out in NJ one sat it was 4 of us
    and there were 19 pioneer sisters at the house when we got there

we knew were had been setup

but we had a nice time

she was a nice old lady

wattter used to have a BAND that played alot of jw weddings his wife used to sing

but they got dogged so he canned the little band

how sad

james

• JT
    JT

Crossroads ask

JT- Do you know how many on the writing dept. are
    of the so-called FDS?

At the time only Klien and Barr

most of the work is done by reg old guys like you and i

the gbs in the last few yrs have so many right hand men who do most of the work anyway

it has actually been that way for yr

in the real world they are known AS GHOST WRITERS

james

• JT
    JT

out and free

I've met one on the writing commmittee, Jim Pellechia, and he does not profess to be one of the anointed.

########

HE IS THE cooliest white bro i have ever meet

big german wife WE called her "OGA"

myman was called the White JR. Brown
    it is funny that they both worked in writing and now they both work the wt pr desk

life is funny sometimes

he is a true SOCIETY MAN

JAMES

• outnfree
    outnfree

James,

Met the wife and some others in the family.

I'm afraid Jim certainly is a SOCIETY MAN. I was actually disappointed to learn that he was in Public Affairs.

Public Affairs is as good as being Public Relations at the Borg. In most corporations there's a difference: Public Affairs deals with community relations -- corporate charity, local governmental relations; Public Relations deals with promoting your corporation by announcing new products, changes in personnel, basically telling the world at large anything YOU want the community to know about. It is also the arm of the corporation that does damage control when the corporation is sued or vilified in some way -- minor or major. (If minor, PR might enlist the help of PA to smooth things over.)

Public Affairs at the Watchtower is almost uniquely Public Relations damage control. And I'm not surprised that Jim Pellechia and J.R. Brown were taken from the Writing Dept. to work in Public Affairs.
    Spin doctors need to be good writers!!! The better to convince the public that their claims of benevolence are true.

outnfree

• JT
    JT

out n free

Public Affairs at the Watchtower is almost uniquely Public Relations damage control. And I'm not surprised that Jim Pellechia and J.R. Brown were taken from the Writing Dept. to work in Public Affairs.
    Spin doctors need to be good writers!!! The better to convince the public that their claims of benevolence are true

#######

they are in my view 2 of the best- both are well spoken and love the attention

james

just my 2

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

**wattter used to have a BAND that played alot of jw weddings his wife used to sing but they got dogged so he canned the little band how sad**

If this was during the period of 1987 - 1990, it could have MY band - "Brother To Brother". Made up of all Bethelites: Alan Galina on keyboards & vocals; Matthew Bippus on lead guitar & vocals; Joel Gunz on drums (later replaced by Virgil --?--); Don Ladwig on bass; me (Joel Sidoti, at the time) on sax & vocals. Of course, we played only JW weddings - and it's true we got dogged, BIG time. We got dogged by elders who attended these wedding receptions, and didn't care for amplified music of any type - especially that evil "rock & roll"! I know Wishchuck had a hard-on for us, as well as some other guy whose name I can't recall right now. But HE was a real prick to us, 'cause we rehearsed in one of the storage facilities that he happened to take a short-cut through on his way to and from 25 Columbia Heights. Thought that the "amplification" was a little too loud. We rehearsed from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Not unreasonable hours, plus - we were in a warehouse building, made of brick with concrete slab floors - 2 floors underground!

Anyway, if your reference was to Randy Watters, it was slightly before my time, and therfore, a different band. Later...

Michael

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The most remarkable was Dean Songer. Most remarkable female was Carrol Sokolowski, very low key and out of the spotlight but amazing. Is Richard Potter still JW? Any of these men still in the forefront?

• Magnum
    Magnum

What happened to J.R. Brown. I remember his being a JW rockstar a few decades ago. Now, I hear zero about him. Is he dead?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

What about Some lists of the movers and shakers in London Bethel over the years?

does anyone remember Jack Dowson? He was always known for his drinking whiskey like it bear. Bevan Vigo who looked like an insect and was always talking about them.

Dennis Dutton who looked like he was pregnant

In Bethel office there was Steve Morris and the others

Phil Marsh was always overseer of the dinning room and he was another one who had a Rolex for every day of the week.

They could all take one of the Bethel cars and disappear somewhere for long times

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit