The right to not be exposed to ideas I don’t like or agree with?

by EdenOne 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The circumstances dictate everything on this question.

On this forum and in news media I often see opinions and views with which I disagree and don't want to read... so I don't. I do not claim a right not to hear them.

In a school education system should a parent be able to protect his child from contrary information? Maybe...

In school I was excused religious education ( Church of England) because of our JW beliefs. I do not think any one view on religion, morals, sex etc should be taught as fact . In my view it is beneficial to kids only if it is taught in an even handed way , with respect shown for all viewpoints

If one view of say , LBGT issues is taught and students marked down if they don't repeat the establishment view, that would be wrong and the right to be excused tbe lesson is necessary

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The idea is retarded. Who says what is offensive that is to be banned? What if I don't want to hear anything against conservative ideas? Oh wait that does not count, it only counts if some snow flake does not want to hear non liberal ideas. I don't want to hear stupid anti gun bull shit but I hear it every day from people who don't know what end the bullet comes out of. What if I don't want to hear more BS on how trannys are women. To have no ideas expressed that makes someone upset or uncomfortable means no ideas period. This is why College today is such a shit hole of under water lesbian basket weaving.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I personally agree that a “right not to be exposed to ideas I don’t like or disagree with” as such doesn’t exist and shouldn’t exist.

However that seems to be the claim of the children’s parents. Imagine if that right would exist - JW’s probably would only knock on doors by invitation only.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Technically, everybody has the "right" to not be exposed to ideas they "don’t like or agree with"...

...but good luck finding a hermetic bubble to live in.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Technically this guy has found his chosen solution to the problem :

Image result for guy with head up his own Arse. Size: 203 x 106. Source: mikenormaneconomics.blogspot.com

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

You take the right by choosing not to watch. Millions now living are not paying a blind bit of attention to their Zoom meetings.

Actually did you know that one of the most effective ways to not listen to the Zoom meeting is to place your mobile device in the fridge. It's nice and sound proofed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit