Encouraging scriptures for the day

by Kosonen 543 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ Pi schmi

Oh--OK thanks

( reminder to self NOT to read this boring thread again )

• PioneerSchmioneer
    PioneerSchmioneer

Kosonen:

So what that you offer Scripture quotes? Satan himself does that.--See Matthew chapter 4:1-6; Luke 4:1-11.

Your refusal to stubbornly explain things, when it is apparent that you can add commentary when you want (as you did to a small degree in these last posts of yours) reminds me of the Parable of the Talents in Matthew (which is called the Parable of the Minas in Luke). In both there is a wicked, lazy slave who a traveling master recognizes is able to handle doing business with one coin, but in both parables, unlike his fellow slaves, doesn't use his abilities. He instead hides it away and gives a somewhat insulting excuse to his master upon his arrival as to why he did nothing with what was given to him.--Matthew 25:14-30; Luke 19:11-27.

Your last posts are not encouraging anyone. They are there to offer a personal excuse for yourself, explaining why you feel you are in the right to just keep going--even claiming that "praise" from others in your work is bad.

Jesus didn't say you would only encounter negativity, however. He also stated there would be success, such as in the parables of the Talents and Minas, that these coins would multiply--if you used these talents correctly.

If you just dig a hole and hide them away in some cloth, there is nothing to multiply. There should be success, not decrease when your master arrives. Again, you are used to the way a cult, the Watchtower, is reading the Bible in the light of their own failures and the fact that the public generally dislikes a cult that repeatedly lies about when the world is going to end--and then refuses to take responsibility for being wrong.

If you don't let go of that very unbiblical view, you will end up suffering for it:

"His master replied, ‘You wicked and lazy slave! You knew, did you, that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I did not scatter? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and on my return I would have received what was my own with interest. So take the talent from him, and give it to the one with the ten talents. For to all those who have, more will be given, and they will have an abundance, but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away. As for this worthless slave, throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’"--Matthew 25:26-30 NRSV Updated Edition.
  • PioneerSchmioneer
    PioneerSchmioneer

stan livedeath:

@ Pi schmi
    Oh--OK thanks
    ( reminder to self NOT to read this boring thread again )

Stan is right about one thing. It is boring watching Kosonen not admit he doesn't know how to answer my questions or that he can't admit he is wrong.

He gives us Watchtower-like offerings because even though he is disfellowshipped, deep down he probably wants back in, obviously. He wouldn't preach all these teachings or claim that Jesus is the head of the their cult if that wasn't the case.

It's boring watching somebody keep their "talent" in a hole. It's boring watching the blind try to lead blind people into this hole. It's like watching the JWs on a street corner offer their books. They can't preach anymore. They know nothing.

Who wants to watch a man talk about what he has buried in a hole?

• Leathercrop
    Leathercrop

The problem is an age old problem...in that scriptures can be interpreted in just about any conceivable way you want. It's an exercise in futility to get into an argument about the Bible for this reason, or about spirituality in general for that matter. The people I recall that accepted the JW teachings were people that had not been associated with religion before in any significant way. And if they were very unhappy with their life I could just about guarantee that I could bring them into the JW religion.

• PioneerSchmioneer
    PioneerSchmioneer

Leathercrop:

I am not recommending any form of religion or Bible interpretation to Kosonen, save one: Stop preaching Watchtower to us here.

However, I want to make it clear that I stand opposed to anyone who claims that any type of ideology is for everyone once they leave the Watchtower. People should be free to make their own choices.

I have been trying to show Kosonen on his own level that what he has been doing has been unreasonable--but I have not been trying to offer a brand of religion for him to choose as an alternative to Watchtower, nor do I believe that people need religion or the Bible once they leave the JWs to have a happy life.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

What will make life happy for people who will live forever on earth? Some are worried if life will become boring? Some think life will stay interesting if they can study God’s creation and learn about it more and more.

But according to the Bible what makes a happy life?

It is love. People need to have the feeling of love in their body. People don’t necessarily need to be more loved. Instead people need to have in themselves love toward others. Love for God, love for Jesus, love for people around them, love for God’s creation.

1 Corinthians 8:1 ….We know we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up…. 3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by him.

Hebrews 8:11 “‘And they will no longer teach each one his fellow citizen and each one his brother, saying: “Know Jehovah!” For they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them.

• PioneerSchmioneer
    PioneerSchmioneer

Kosonen:

So I guess you believe in disfellowshipping people too, huh? They did that to you, and now you do that to me too, huh? I have asked you to reply to me, again and again, and you refuse. You just go on and ignore me, even though it is written:

"Always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you."--1 Peter 3:15

and again:

"And all who heard Him were amazed at His understanding and His answers."--Luke 2:47.

You have done none of that. So I'm not wasting my time on you anymore. If you really were what you claimed to be, I would have had that defense and been amaed at your understanding and answers because you would be like your master who you claim to follow.

But you don't show love. You just ignore.

Ignoring people is not love. You of all people, a disfellowshipped person, should know that.

Have fun posting your unloving posts from an unloving religion.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

"Yet what is the point of maintaining anger against someone who is so deluded?"

- Brian Herbert

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Jesus warned the Christians for their deficiency in love.

Revelation 2:2 “I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot tolerate bad men, and that you put to the test those who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them to be liars. 3 You are also showing endurance, and you have persevered for the sake of my name and have not grown weary. 4 Nevertheless, I hold this against you, that you have left the love you had at first. 5 “‘Therefore remember from where you have fallen and repent…”

Is it not amazing that Christians in Ephesus had served God and ministered to Jesus faithfully, but that was not enough? Their deficiency was that they had not enough love in themselves.

If we want to feel more love in ourselves, we should pray for help from God in Jesus’ name. That will do miracles. And feeling love is sweet. It’s worth the effort.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Is it not amazing to have Kosonen sharing at this table with us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit