Yoga for JWs

by EyesOpenHeartBroken 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh wow phoebe! That elder sounds like an uneducated Pratt!

Best comment award goes to confusedalot! Priceless!

• sir82
    sir82

There hasn't been any recent WT article condemning yoga. Last article that appeared was in 2002.

WT policy, at least in practical terms, is that if a concept / practice hasn't been mentioned for 15-20 years, that indicates a tacit tolerance of it.

I.e., if a JW goes around saying "sign up for my yoga class", then the elders will jump on them with a copy of that 2002 article clenched firmly in their fists.

But if a JW quietly goes to a yoga class and doesn't really advertise it, they can probably, in most circumstances, depending on the nazi-like tendencies of their BOE, get away with it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

When i was in there was a young sister that was into Yoga. Dont think she knew it was forbidden by Watchtower. I never said anything and she never mentioned it elders (why would she?).

She was hot too.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"There hasn't been any recent WT article condemning yoga. Last article that appeared was in 2002."

2002 is still recent for the zealous ones. When my sister-in-law mentioned yoga recently, her uber self righteous elder husband lold her it was 'demonic'

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Twenty years ago, there was a discussion about Yoga in our Book Study. The elder said that we shouldn't practice yoga because, it makes our minds empty and if its Empty (Without Holy thoughts) the demons may come and possess it. Even as a Zealous JW then, I wasn't convinced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit