Does anyone actually believe that Russia blew up its own gas pipeline?

by slimboyfat 18 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The claim that Russia blew up its own pipeline functions, whether intentionally or not, as a test of our collective intelligence, and it’s worrisome how many fail the test. As a former Pentagon official put it, “a child could tell you that doesn’t make sense”.

They talk a lot about Russian propaganda and suppression of their media, which I don’t doubt for a minute. But how useless is our media? They don’t need to be suppressed or silenced because they are willing send out the most incredible nonsense apparently without having to be coerced.

Nuggets from our so-called free media over the last couple of years have included:

The lab leak was a “racist conspiracy theory”.

The idea that criminal drug companies could possibly lie about the safety of medical treatments was “dangerous medical misinformation”.

Meanwhile safe and effective preventive vitamin D supplements were given virtually no air time.

A senior Pfizer employee casting doubts on the safety of their product, not to mention the morality of those in charge of injecting billions - that’s not a story according to our media.

Twitter (and presumably other social media) being covertly all but run by the FBI - again is judged by the mainstream media not to be a story worth covering.

Now we are told that Russia is blowing up its own pipelines and bridges. Are we fools? Are they for real?

If we can’t trust them about those things, why should we trust them when they say China is spying with balloons and unidentified objects being shot down. I don’t know what that’s all about but we sure as hell aren’t likely to find out by watching the news of listening to the government.

Given that the destruction of Nordstream 2 is one of the biggest or the biggest attacks on foreign infrastructure in history, and can be construed in international law as an act of war, what kind of retaliation can we expect? If there is retaliation many won’t even see it coming because our media is complicit in lying about what actually happened.

https://youtu.be/C880tBRZDnE

• cofty
    cofty

USA had the strongest motivation to destroy the pipeline.

The complicity of mainstream media in official narratives in recent years is the biggest danger to freedom. Suppression of free speech is being codified into laws. Sadly Scotland is leading the way in some respects. It's heartbreaking to see what has happened to the cradle of the Enlightenment.

There are rumours (no more than that at present) of journalists being arrested for reporting on the train derailment that has led to huge chemical contamination in Ohio.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The US qualifies as a terrorist state. It attacked and destroyed infrastructure of its allies. What a friend to have. Balloons and UFO sightings are distractions.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/nord-stream-sabotage-was-cia-us-navy-covert-op-seymour-hersh-bombshell-prompts-white

• a watcher
    a watcher

No.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has the media got worse or are we just noticing it more now? Maybe this forum is skeptical of mainstream media, but not so much in real life, I find.

I was talking to a German about the pipeline when it happened. She said Putin did it. When I asked why she said because he’s crazy. When I said maybe the Americans did it she said that’s Russian propaganda. I said there were press conferences where the president and his spokeswoman both threatened the pipeline. She said she saw people posting that on Facebook but it doesn’t prove the Americans did it. I didn’t pursue it any further. I don’t know if she’s changed her mind since.

A few Scottish people I know also expressed the view that Putin did it. Only one person, outside of family, I have encountered who said the US is most likely.

Germans in particular perhaps have a hard time accepting the US did it, because bombing the pipeline was against German interests too. The US has been trying to convince Germany not to cooperate with Russia on the pipeline since before they even started building it. I guess, since persuasion didn’t settle the issue, blowing it up ended the discussion. If that’s what really happened then it doesn’t speak well to how the US treats its so-called allies. Such behaviour is a sign of weakness not strength because the US sees its power waning.

I can’t be certain the US did it, obviously. Whether that is what happened or not, the fact that the media don't even give airtime to that as a reasonable explanation speaks poorly to their objectivity and quality of their analysis.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The more I look into this stuff, the more I am convinced it was either the Americans or the Chinese under the auspices of the Biden admin.

Why: before the blowup, a Chinese owned company (Sinopec) in an unusual move, sets in fleets of new tankers to transport oil from the Middle East to Europe and China. This started months before the invasion by Russia and well above usual demand, while people were expecting small (9% increases) in volume following COVID, they are literally doubling their demand setting in orders for 40, then 10 and even more oil and LNG tankers, (https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/unipec-buys-over-40-lng-cargoes-in-strip-tender-for-june-2021-feb-2022-sources/ ) many market watchers weren’t sure what it meant or why the company would do such an unusual thing. One article calls it “mysterious”. A few months later, Ukraine is invaded, Zelensky shuts down their connection between Europe and Russia, Nordstream blows up, suddenly the US is shipping 40% of its strategic oil reserve to China and Europe and Europe is demanding massive oil from the Saudis and Africa.

Who gets the majority of contracts, the company that recently purchased all the capacity on the market, Unipec, a subsidiary of Sinopec. Sinopec is wholly owned by the Chinese government. Meanwhile we recently found out from Republican House investigations that private equity firm, BHR Partners, founded and currently still held by the president’s son, Hunter Biden, invested $1.7 billion in Sinopec.

There is obviously no direct evidence, it just happens that Biden family investments always happen to make weird moves before major events and happen to always do very well when Joe is in some form of office.

• cofty
    cofty

Brilliant piece of investigative reporting by Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh.

“If Russia invades . . . there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it.” - Biden 7 Feb 2022

How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline

The New York Times called it a “mystery,” but the United States executed a covert sea operation that was kept secret—until now

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

At this point, I wouldn’t put anything past Putin.

The guy’s a living, breathing, real-life Bond villain.

🙄

• vienne
    vienne

Putin may be stupid enough to do it. It is in his advantage to raise the price of gas. But do I think the Russians did that? No. Still it IS possible. How about that for vacillating?

• waton
    waton

competition between 3 streams of energy out of the east, the proposed south exiting in Syria, Turkiye into the Mediterranean, the middle through Ukraine. The new North Stream is contrary to the war aims in Syria, and to Poland, the closest country to the artificial leak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit