New convention video

by Olig 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olig
    Olig

So I've just seen a snippet of a new convention release, and it's obviously a reenactment (bloody poor one - look at the state of the disposable beards lol!) of bible times.

The chap speaking is heard saying if your family members turn away and serve false gods, you should kill them!

https://twitter.com/jfnilsen/status/1133000862719270912?s=09

^ Link ^

If govt's weren't already looking into them, they will be soon!!!

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

WTH? This organization is really treading dangerous waters, I hope it comes back to bite them in th A**! I will definitely bring this up to some of our still in family members, maybe it will make them think, but more than likely not, they are completely blind.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I saw a documentary once about Mormons who practiced something similar to this. Supposedly they no longer do it, but there are some who take Mormonism to the extreme. If I recall correctly, the woman being interviewed said that her uncle killed her husband. They call it a "blood atonement". At the end of the documentary, the woman basically said, "If anything ever happens to me you'll know why." And right after that a message came on the screen that said: Shortly after this interview, she was found dead in her home.

Did anyone else see that documentary?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I think it would be interesting if confronted by a family member or "friend" over this, to pick up a stone and hand it to them and say "here's a rock, why don't you stone me with it?" Just trying to show the reality of what they have been encouraged to do.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Holy shit. Not that this is any different from what they have said for years, but reading dry texts just doesn't come across the same as seeing a movie.

I guess this is all the ammo I need to make sure my daughter doesn't visit the convention.

Btw I read somewhere there's also a part in the video where the guy actually kills his own Baal priest father....anyone have a link to that video?

• Olig
    Olig

This is the link to the full films. Part 1&2.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/king-josiah-love-jehovah/

It's absolutely ridiculous, deplorable and disgusting that this is and will be shown to kids. Although, at least it isn't asking them for money!!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Thanks Olig!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Not surprising given the obvious pleasure Top Shelf/Tight Pants Tony gets talking about killing people at Armageddon.

I wonder if the time will come that the g.b. will give "instructions that do not seem practical from a human standpoint" and order the literal killing of "slackers" by "faithful" Dubs, demanding that blood be shed to prove their loyalty to the g.b.?

Think it could NEVER happen? I am sure people did not think that Jim Jones could convince people to commit mass suicide, or Islamist's could convince suicide bombers either.

• Olig
    Olig

That's a good point. What tools would they use??

Death by boredom?

Asphyxiation by extremely tight pants?

It wouldn't surprise me if they said that breathing air had pagan origins.

• jp1692
    jp1692

More sick and twisted propaganda from the Old Testament (aka “The Hebrew Scriptures”). It’s a good thing that the majority of mainstream Abrahamic religions ignore these evil, tribalistic ideas. Those that don’t are dangerous groups and should be treated as such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit