''Deliverance at Hand''. Now 15 years on &....

by Beth Sarim 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

....AND still no big 'A'. Armageddon.

It was 15 years ago Dubland was in lala dream-like almost trance-like state hanging on the notion the Big 'A' was imminent.

It was ironic. Ironic at that time was when.... I was starting my long waking-up process. Like discovering the Borg involvement with the UN (WTF) and then discovering Cal Lehman's site towerwatch.com whici I just knew of Fred Franz.

After having read Ray Franz's two masterpieces, my suspicions and doubts all confirmed. That I was not alone at all in my waking-up experience.

It was summer 2006 just a little over that ridiculous generation change in Nov1995 which I just could never stomach. I realized I was not alone with my intense cognitive dissonance with the Borg claiming ''deliverance, deliverance'' but at the same time so much information on the Borg and it's history coming to light. And now with a plethora of youtube videos and books to back that up.

15 years since ''Deliverance at Hand''.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I can remember when the Berlin wall came down and communism collapsed and they were all chasing their tails. It was the end and it was NOW. That was 28 years ago. LOL

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

It was summer 2006 just a little over that ridiculous generation change in Nov1995 which I just could never stomach.

I was talking to one of my older stepbrothers. He is now in the process of waking up. The Pandemic has helped him wake up. But even though he knew something was not right when they started changing the generation doctrine, he still stayed in till now. That's about 26 years of lost life. And he is absolutely mad that he didn't listen to his conscience back in 1995.

I think most jws knew something was not right back in 1995, but they still stayed in, confused and not knowing what the hell was going on.

I was about 6 years old at the time, so by the time I was about 12, there was tons of information available on why the bible was not inspired of God. So I never bought into the ideas that the WT was God's Organization.

I was the only one who never got baptized. I really enjoy talking to my family that is waking up. They tell me all the feelings and reasons why they stayed in so long.

Today the majority of jws my age and under are no longer mentally enslaved to the Watchtower. They are just waiting for their parents to die so they can leave completely. And they are making sure that their kids will never be enslaved to the Watchtower.

The generation has finally arrived of those who will no longer be enslaved to this Religious cult.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think most jws knew something was not right back in 1995, but they still stayed in, confused and not knowing what the hell was going on.

Doc raises hand.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Yeah...but if you ask the people still inside the Borg....the Great Tribulation just started ! The big A ? Around the corner....

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The WTS/JWS has made a long list of supposed times for Armageddon going back to the first time of 1914 .

Thats the mental game this organization plays onto people minds, these men use and exploit the existing belief in the bible to support their dating.

These kind of men/false prophets are actually identified in the bible and the bible says do not listen to these men.

A Tired Man Rides a Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free) 29081491 |  Shutterstock

• waton
    waton

you forgot the spurs on the riding boots.

spurs: sure punishment under religious systems. or better:

s for supposed punishment

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Was the Theme of the District Conventions in 2006 " Deliverance at Hand " ? or was it a book or something ?

I do know that the 2006 one was the last District Convention I ever attended, but of course cannot remember the Theme or any of the Talks ha ha, J.W's can't remember the contents of the Talks two weeks after !

The one thing I can be sure of is that I had by then got no belief in the imminence of Armageddon or anything, and was starting the process of fully waking up.

So, 15 years ago, I had really taken my first tentative steps on the Road to Freedom !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes well, it has been at hand for over 100 years !

You speak of 15 years ? That’s nothing . I have spoken to people who grumbled that “they told us Armageddon was at hand in 1942” when the bombs were falling. When I Was a kid The A bomb was sure to start something that would lead to Armageddon. There is always something.

C’est la vie......

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Also I think in 1986 a lot of religious leaders declared that this was the year of peace and security, and the local uber JW,s started saying the end is so close now. ha ha jokes on them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit