"It's a cult, mom."

by schnell 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• schnell
    schnell

My mom has been extensively texting me, trying to argue that the UN NGO scandal is not a big deal and that the child abuse scandal is to instigate the Great Tribulation. Even worse, she kept saying how great it is that the GB is imperfect and fallible and that teaching changes all the time.

Maybe it was aggravation or impatience, but I finally just snapped and told her, "It's a cult, mom."

So that went well. She said that millions of people subscribe to this cult, that I knew better than to listen to apostates (or think critically), then she compared me to Judas Iscariot, and that may be the closest she will come to telling me I should go kill myself.

How are things on your end, everybody?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So that went well. She said that millions of people subscribe to this cult

Yes probably for the very same reason as your mother, such as a lack of education and sound back ground evaluation of the obviously corrupt Watchtower Publishing house, since the late 1800's .

My mother sounds like your mother 60 years ago.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    She said that millions of people subscribe to this cult

Well, BILLIONS of people DON'T! ! !

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

If it wasn't a cult, would it have her saying such wacky things to her own child?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You know what schnell, those four words spoken straight from the heart will stay with her far longer than any argument about UN NGO status.

All the best.

• schnell
    schnell
    @nicolau, thanks. I hope so. I know it's as tactful as a shovel to the face to swat a fly, but this is one damned annoying fly.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yeah I would of responded if it wasn't a cult then why are they so successful in getting parents to hate thier kids just because they don't agree, didn't Jesus say not to judge and to have love for everyone even your enemies and those that didn't greet people were just like tax collects. So the fact that you mom treat me this way is proof you don't follow the teachings of Christ just teachings of men . Didnt Paul say don't be slaves of men?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

She sounds just like my mother. After I left that cult, she did send me a very hateful letter, and at the end she signed off, from the woman who gave birth to you. At the time it really pained me, but now 15 years later, I could care less what happens to that woman.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ah well--think positive. at least it now means she cant let you die for want of a blood transfusion.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

You cannot reason away a belief from anyone who desperately wants to believe it;

Applies not just to jdubs, applies to everybody,

If this fact could be changed what kind of a world would it be?

:0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit