What's your inspiration in life?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What keeps you going strong every day and helps you confront the hardships of life? Is there something that inspires you and makes you triumph the hardships of life?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

My husband. He is a really good person. I try to emulate him. He has been a very positive influence on my life.

Oh, and Dr. Phil....

• be wise
    be wise

Mine would have to be music, I work my ass off at it and I love it, it's the best release for anything, like writing or acting is because if you want to write a song about something and it's going to have impact then you have to honestly confront your personality and any issues you may be having in a direct and totally honest way. Completely opposite to what the jw's teach, this is probably why they always warn against it.

• manon
    manon

Life in itself inspires me in good times or bad.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Teenyuck: I hope you are not wearing your husbands clothes too!

But seriously, the thrill of learning new things and of discovery are what keep me going. I love my profession and travel a lot. The experiences of new places and cultures are very rewarding. Things as simple as the first time you see your girlfriend topless to the first time you see the Southern Cross from a friends back yard in the black of an Australian night... these are the things worth living for! Maverick

• rocketman
    rocketman

Looking at my face each day in the mirror.

Just kidding. My daughter is my number 1 inspiration. My face comes in a distant second. Just kidding again.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Mav...our secret?

Really, my husband had a rough childhood....he was Catholic but his parents divorced and they were very poor. He started washing dishes at neighborhood restaurants at age 12. He did it mainly to get the leftover food....then he gave his mother the money. He worked all through HS and college.

He got an athletic schlarship to a state university and then transferred to a private school for a better education. He had to pay for 4 years of his college out of 5. He worked, played football, and went to class.

He is nice. He is not judgemental and never says nasty things about people. I do...that is why I try to be like him. It has taken lots of years to less judgemental (JW upbringing) and realize that he loves me unconditionally...

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

People inspire me. Lots of different people, for lots of different reasons. My sister, because she is the most amazing mother I have ever seen in action. My dad because he is one of the most amazing teachers I have seen in action. My grandma, because she is fiesty and intelligent. Eyegirl, cuz she is brilliant and has a big heart. Not_Interested because he restores my faith that men do have sensitive sides. Scootergirl because she is one of the last genuinely nice people on this planet. Xenawarrior because she is a genuinely strong woman who tells it like it is and rolls up her sleeves and gets it done. Etc, etc...I could go on and think of one trait of every person I know, and why they are special, and why they are worthy of being my personal hero.

I am now an athiest and so I believe we only get one shot, and that what life boils down to are the people we share our lives with, so be good to each other, because that's all we have.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Living for my life is my inspiration. Living for myself, for the experiences life has to offer, even if it 's just traveling in the mind while I read a good book, I live for that moment when it all comes together, when it all makes sense... =-)

• Huxley
    Huxley

Mike Watt

Huxley

www.hootpage.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit