Which of you readers are being shunned by their relatives / friends ?

by stan livedeath 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Our Family just one day stopped all Jw stuff all together. No notice, no phone call. Some shun us and others try to start conversations with us. But we are too busy with our businesses. If it's not work related there is no attention to it. I have 3 Jw's working for me and they know I'm all business. No Jw stuff.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My niece has shunned her mother and sisters and my family for many years now because we left the religion.

That`s her choice and her loss.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Although I have siblings (7) and relatives [10: some exdubs and VZs (Visitors: people who studied but didn't get baptized)] who are presently former jws, there are 2 siblings and 4 relatives who are SPIMIs. While my siblings call only ONCE a year (to see if they can still "encourage" us to return back to the organization), we haven't heard from the SPIMI relatives since sometime in 2008 or 2009. In fact, one of my now exdub relatives, when he was PIMO, saw them at a PPIMI couple's function and was SHUNNED by them--because this relative was PPIMI and they are SPIMI (privileges of service titles: Elduh, MS, RP, CommBethellite, etc.). Again, that's their loss! 🤷‍♀️

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Mother shuns me 37 years now as well as an uncle and his wife.

My brothers who were never baptized and have not been in for decades 50+ years for 2 of them and 20 years for the third. My sister shunned me before she died. I think this is more due to my fractured family. It would have happened without the JWs but they made it worse.

My ex YEAH I prefer it that way.

All my JW friends and relatives.

One of my daughters 10 years. She is out but refuses to tell me why she shuns me. - a practice learned when she was young and clearly still holds to.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Ha. Interesting! We are pomo.

Some family do avoid us, but most give us a normal treatment.

Witness, local, are cold or look away.

G.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Mother shuns me 37 years now as well as an uncle and his wife.

Hi Lee,

When I first read this I thought “sheesh, how could they hate so long” but then I realised my own family shunning is 25+ years.

So for me every relative, whether children, siblings or whatever share in this hate cult towards me.

How sad for them that they are in bondage, i pray that they will eventually know true christian freedom.

Cheers,

Ozzie 🍷

• joao
    joao

I'm another one here. Basically, everybody who knows I got out is shunning me. Their loss!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It’s sad to read stories here about ex-Witnesses who are shunned by family members. This is the biggest tragedy of all.

In my case, I was only shunned by people who weren’t my flesh and blood so I couldn’t care less.. I remember one experience some years back when I was still working. A woman was staring at me in a deli. I politely smiled at her not realizing at first that she was someone from a neighboring hall. While it’s possible she didn’t know at first why my face was familiar, I tend to think she DID know. Most people would say: “don’t I know you from somewhere?” This is why I suspect her silence was JW induced.

It’s really all so absurd when I think about it. Here, time has marched on. In addition to being retired now, I have new interests and new friends.. All these shunners have to realize that time marches on for them too and that person they don’t want to say hello to in the store might not even recognize them!🤣. Remember, the shunning routine doesn’t work without an audience to appreciate it.

All their self-righteous Witness posturing was a waste.

• Simon
    Simon

Me, mother and sisters. All the witches of the family.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sorry, Simon. 😢

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit