The corrosive nature of CRT

by LoveUniHateExams 25 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Diane Abbot has been temporarily suspended from the Labour party whilst they investigate her behaviour.

What's she done?

It was leaked that a first draft of a letter she was going to write had the claim that Jews can't experience racism.

The influence of CRT is obvious. According to this warped worldview, there are two types of people, oppressors and oppressed. Jews are typically white, or at least very light-skinned, and do well in terms of money. So, they can't be oppressed. Therefore they can't experience racism.

This is obviously madness. A couple of generations ago, Hitler killed and brutalised millions of them.

Abbot has issued a full apology (good), but also added that an error slipped through the net or words to that effect. I don't swallow this - a mistake is when you forget to bring an umbrella and it starts to rain, or when you take a corner too quickly and hit the kerb.

Folks, this is the logical end result of CRT: Jews can't experience racism.

Utter madness.

• hoser
    hoser

Crazy, as they have been one of the most oppressed groups in history, and that is why they do so well financially. They work together as a group and that leads to their success

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Diane Abbott's comments are no surprise. She's one of those high-profile people who buy into, and promote, the "white man = bad, brown man = good" orthodoxy that is becoming so common now. The most sinister part of that is the 'cancelling' of history - erasing people from the historical record (removing statues, renaming buildings, censoring or re-writing history books) and trying to create false narratives about how long ethnic minorities have been around and in prominent positions in western society.

To think, a few years ago she could've become the British Home Secretary, and depending on what happens now she may yet be in a Labour cabinet if they are elected! I fear people like her will spark disorder through their ignorant race-baiting if they are successful in achieving a position of power.

There is a British Youtuber called History Debunked who I think talks a lot of sense about the way race is being distorted and portrayed in the UK these days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVoitJAYDU

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wouldnt worry about Ms Abbott. She does the country a lot of good--keeping the labour party in second place.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s obviously stupid to say Jews don’t experience racism given the history of the last century.

But on the the specific point about everyday experience, I wonder, isn’t it simply true to say that often you can’t tell whether someone is Jewish just by looking at them, whereas invariably you can tell if someone has African heritage just by looking at them? Is that observation 1) false or 2) true, but you’re not allowed to say it? I am genuinely curious what others think because I find this confusing.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Jews still experience more racially motivated crimes, statistically, than any other group. These are genuine crimes....not 'thought' crimes. Abbott's another Whoopy Goldberg...a genuinely racist person currently making a living out of race.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think the thing this shows mainly about Ms Abbot is that she is not the sharpest tool in the box, and that even in a draft if it were indeed that, if she were a bit more savvy, she would have made her point with more sensitivity and precision of language, even if the point was not valid. She is a bit thick, but is still way above a good number of the present Government's Ministers etc. A low bar.

I don't think what she said can be labelled "anti-semitic", it was not an attack upon Jews, just a poorly thought out (< if that took place) opinion, poorly expressed as well.

CRT of itself is not a bad thing of course, we need to examine all social, political, and legal structures and power distribution, focusing on the concept of race, and experiences of Racism, so that we can do something about it.

But as with all such things CRT can be misused.

It is working wonderfully well this story though, as another "Hey look ! a Dead Cat!" for the Tory Media, helping to take the Public's mind of the Narcissistic Bully Raab, who IS very thick.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    The point she was making is that if your a traveller/gypsy or Irish your skin colour means racism is not automatic. It’s about interaction.
    Whereas if you are black it’s there every second of every day from people not even within speaking distance.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@SBF

Yes, obviously you're allowed to say that, sometimes, you can't tell if people are Jewish or not, whereas you can tell who are sub-saharan African just by looking at them.

But where CRT comes in is when you claim Jews can't experience racism.

And, contrary to what Phizzy would like to think, this isn't an example of CRT being 'misused'. It's what it leads to with its way of thinking. According to CRT, Jews can't experience racism cos dey white

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" According to CRT, Jews can't experience racism cos dey white ", that is an example of the misuse of CRT that I was talking about !

Can you show any accredited Academic who broadly supports the aims of CRT who has said what you say there, and says that is part of CRT ? Citations please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit