TV report-May 3, 2023-The Pa. grand jury investigation into alleged cover-up of child sex abuse within Jehovah's Witnesses

by AndersonsInfo 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The link is to the TV Report - May 3, 2023

Below is a transcript of the TV report.
    A Pennsylvania grand jury has recently brought child sexual abuse charges against nine men—all Jehovah’s Witnesses—in what some are calling the most extensive investigation into the group in history. According to multiple sources familiar with the investigation, the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s office could soon release a report of the grand jury’s findings, which could bring major consequences for the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization. The first time was a Wednesday morning, recalled Martin Haugh, 46, sitting on his couch in York Haven. Following generations of his family, Haugh was a devout member of Jehovah’s Witnesses. In October 2005, he was a ministerial servant—equivalent to a Catholic deacon—who helped with routine work around the Red Lion Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation. Jehovah's Witnesses, also known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, has 8.7 million members worldwide, including 1.2 million in the U.S. and 83,000 in Pennsylvania. The religion was founded in Pittsburgh in the 1870s, breaking with orthodox Christianity over its focus on Armageddon and separation from the world. At 9 a.m. that Wednesday morning, Haugh was at the Kingdom Hall for the “meeting for field service,” when Jehovah’s Witnesses pair up to go door-knocking in search of converts. As he was assigning door-knocking routes, he saw a teenage member slip inside the Kingdom Hall—along with his 4-year-old daughter. Confused, he followed them inside and into the coat room. He didn’t believe his own eyes. Read the full article here: https://www.fox43.com/article/news/lo...

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, for keeping us up-to-date. I am anxiously waiting to see what happens next.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thanks for the information

• careful
    careful

I add my thanks for the update too. It may prove tough for the org to play this one down.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

FYI: This is a 3-part series. The last segment is scheduled to air Thursday evening.

Fox43 is uploading each segment to their Youtube account.

This is where I live. Martin Haugh and others in this area were on the 2nd part of the Oxygen Network documentary, "The Witnesses."

This area is absolutely overflowing with CSA cases. What you are hearing about in the media is like a thimble from the bucket.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Tide’s comin’ in.

It can’t be stopped.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Some of the statements by Shapiro and others indicate that:

1. The AG was given the cases - no victims came forward to tell their story

2. The information was expansive - larger than just cases in PA

3. The information was current until 2019 - not after

I am convinced that the databases that the Legal Department fondles, have been leaked - probably in 2019. News reports keep pointing to a trove of information, implying that these 9 cases are just the tip of the iceberg. They have indicated that a network of abusers exists. This correlates with how abusers share stories and even victims. It also explains why the AG in PA is so incensed at JWs - determined to pursue them.

I knew someone who had intimate knowledge of the databases. This person was so repulsed - it shook his/her faith and confidence in the GB. If the databases have been leaked - IT IS OVER FOR WTC.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Funny how this "crackpot's" mind works but I had a thought about some videos about the GT that I think may be coming up in a study in July...( stand to be corrected ) Anyway, the thing that came to my mind was how they predict the GT is imminent (that's not really new ) and the governments would turn on God's people ( the JWs in particular )...so as my brain goes, when the officials start looking closer and closer at the CSA cases, then the witnesses will just feel like that is the fulfillment of prophecy, ( something like that ) so they will not pay attention to the real issue of CSA.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think you have a point there ,enoughisenough ,and if it happens enough the cult could just keep rolling along but this time going underground .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ ThomasMore

The database is indeed out in the wild. Attorney Irwin Zalkin confirmed that his firm has a copy.

@ enoughisenough

Sure, they’d be tempted to play that particular persecution card…

…but…

…according to their own eschatology, Babylon the Great is supposed to be attacked first.

That’s been hammered home to the rank-and-file for decades, now. Swapping that one out just as their legal troubles get dialed up to 11 could cause some serious blowback, right up there with the “generation” change from the 1990s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit