maybe I am paranoid...

by Azalo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Azalo
    Azalo

does anyone know if there are spies who monitor these boards? has anyone unintentionally "outed" themselves solely by posting on these boards? i have been out for over 7 years now but my family is still in and I am afraid of giving too many details about myself for fear that someone will inform them. They still have hope that I will one day "see the light" and if they knew that I post here they would surely shun me ( they have threatened to do it before, sent a letter "Dear John" to me and everything).

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Good Morning Azalo. Welcome to the board. If you are concerned about spies, I would just keep a low profile and not give out too many personal details about yourself, especially when it comes to sharing personal stories. I am happy to see that you are not being shunned, and you would like to keep it that way.

As for Paranoia. I would say you are cautious and prudent.

The real paranoid ones are the jw's who come to this board to spy !

I have hope that one day your family will " SEE THE LIGHT "

Regards xjw_b12

" MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE KNOW "

• Azalo
    Azalo

bump

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

There are persons on this board who have had visiting elders ask them if "x" and "x" mean anything to them - the x's being their JWD forum handle. So yes there is a need for caution. But as long as you avoid revealing your location and other personal info, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• Scully
    Scully

It isn't paranoia if they really are out to get you....

Love, Scully

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

this is the only website that I have ever posted on, more than one line anyway.... I sent a recent e-mail to my dad,(an elder) hoping to just start a conversation that steered clear of religion...

His reply,

Dear Timmy,

Your grandmother noticed you on the computer. You have an "interesting" way of looking at things. Leave me out of it.

Dad.

Dont know... maybe they are talking about my yahoo profile, but it really doesnt say anything. I got really paranoid, and havent really mentioned religion again. I havent heard from either of them since.

Dear granny, I miss you. I hate what has happened. --- grand-son

• Shakita
    Shakita

Isn't it just a crime that we have to think this way? That is what I hope it will be one day, a CRIME to lurk in the shadows, as some do here on Simon's board, and to try to catch someone in the act of "apostacy."

Post all you want, just remember that whatever you post can and will be read by ex-JW's and active JW's alike.

There are the frequent trolls which can annoy you, but at least they have the backbone to not lurk in the shadows like some slimey sleezeball informer.

Mrs. Shakita

• Francois
    Francois

Just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

ft

• JT
    JT

YES THE WT DOES MONITOR SITES ON THE WEB-

• mouthy
    mouthy

I do believe some read this board ..... I wouldnt post your identity-if you want to stay underground -I want them to know me!!!! ALL OF THEM.... I am Grace Gough Chief Apostate in St Jacobs ( maybe Ontario) I love them all. So if any off you are lurking ( yes I was made paranoid after a stint of over 20+years with you guys) You got it???? DO come visit !!!! I will feed you, help you pay your rent! lend you my car - let you sleep on my sofa- All these things I did when I was WITH the organization. The only change you will receive is =I wont sit & talk about how weak so-& so brother or sister is- & how poor sister so&so husband is a demon- or brothers so& so wife is evil.. Or how many hours I put in & what this woman said at the door ( or man) how clever I was to trap him....So The invitation is open

33 Front St

St Jacobs. Ont. Canada ------ This is a door that will not stay shut.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit