Who Is the Archangel Michael? "evidently" Jesus

by NikL 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NikL
    NikL

Front of JW.org has this article...

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/archangel-michael/

I am at work right now so can't examine it very close but was just curious what some of you more knowledgeable ones think of it?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Mmmmm??? No, they are two different entities. I did a ton of research when learning TTATT.

The WTBTS do all they can to avoid the Deity of Jesus, which is a Bible teaching.

DD

• snowbird
    snowbird

So did I, DD.

I researched a lot of extra-Biblical writings and came to the conclusion that Michael is one of 7 archangels.

Four of these stand in the very presence of God: Gabriel (Luke 1), man-like; Michael, lion-like; Phanuel, eagle-like; Raphael, bull-like. This is confirmed at Revelation 4.

The WT HAS to know this.

Sylvia

• Londo111
    Londo111

"Evidently"

As Inigo Montoya said: “You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

@Londo111 - love the Princess Bride quote! Perfect. As i've mentioned before it is an interesting exercise to do a search for the word evidently in the Watchtower library, first of all to see how many times they have used the word, (even just since the year 2000 if you are using the online version) and then to see ho each time they use it, they us either because they don't actually have any evidence to offer. I liken it to the Kim's calling their little dictatorship the "peoples democratic republic of Korea"

@snowbird. I'm just starting to look into this and I could be wrong, but doesn't the Book of Enoch list Michael along with a bunch of other angels it lists by name as the "fallen angels"?

• snowbird
    snowbird

@Doubtful - Oh, no! No! No!

Michael is listed as a champion of the Creator.

Sylvia

• NikL
    NikL

I hope everyone caught the sarcasm in the "evidently" LOL

You are so right doubtful. The WT uses that word LOTS of times

• Buster k
    Buster k

Evidently they are so full of sh$t, maybe there channel of communication could tell the GB that in Philippians 2:9 and 10, that the Name of Yahshua or Jesus is the above all names, no wait its is Michael and I see above all OTHER names.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

This was one of my main knowing TTATT....I have a few scriptures that can dispute that Jesus is Michael...I think it's the first chapter in Hebrews where it says to which angel did God say you are my son.....then there is a scripture that says Jesus was named before he was ever conceived....then another one where Jesus was exalted when he went back to Heaven...so how could he still be an angel now....Witnesses try to say Jesus has many hats...NOT...I think another denomination believes Jesus is Michael...oh, another one...Michael the ark angel one of the princes, see that one of the princes'....

They try to use also when Michael stands up...don't know what pretzel logic they came up with this to prove Mike is Jesus...You can't prove it in the bible, nor can you prove paradise but if you want to you can prove heaven, tons of scriptures regarding heaven, but how many regarding paradise...

The ones that believe this....well, they'll just have to answer for themselves... Witnesses doctrines have so many holes in it...which can now be proven....they have gone beyond the scriptures...aka: Shot themselves in the foot...

Tor

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not that I believe that the bible is from a god, but when I did, my counter argument to Mick being Cheese us was:

Hebrews 1.

No argument now....I don't care. Frankly it's meaningless mumbo jumbo from a man made book of stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit