Is anyone here a JW?

by Jaseun 22 Replies latest social relationships

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Uncle Bruce

Why is that bullshit? If I were to say that the two witness rule is evil at a Kingdom Hall I would be hauled before a Judicial Committee and DF'd in a heartbeat! I very nearly was by our CO. If I were to express any of the opinions that I have here at a Kingdom Hall I would be disfellowshipped immediately, if not sooner. What part of my opinion is bullshit? What are you trying to tell me? I stated an opinion that this person would see and hear things they never would at a Kingdom Hall. I stand by that. Do you honestly believe anything written by AlanF or Farkel would be allowed to even be said aloud at a Kingdom Hall?

gumby

I haven't been at a Kingdom Hall in 14 years, so I don't know if what is expressed here on JWD is actually said at a Kingdom Hall. I would rather doubt it.

You hear at the hall much of what is said here.........just not......"the rest of the story."

I disagree. I don't think you hear any of the story.

leave the intellectual honesty to Uncle B

What intellectual honesty? How is Uncle Bruce calling me out either intellectual or honest? I was giving my opinion about the honesty of this forum versus the dishonesty of a Kingdom Hall. Uncle Bruce said that was bullshit. Please tell me how that was intellectual honesty.

• gumby
    gumby

Big Tex,

First of all my friend, I am sorry if I said something out of line. I didn't follow unc's line for sure myself but did feel he had his reasons. I was trying to follow those reasons in my comment that the dubs are aware of accusations such as pedophile issues and UN issues ......they just do not know the details and they are told lies to the congregation concerning them, via the society.

I didn't mean for it to sound as though a dub knows what we know.

As for uncs comment .....you'll have to ask him.

Now say your sorry

Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

gumby

You're right. I re-read what you wrote and I overreacted big time. For that, please accept my apologies. I thought you were following Unc's BS statement and in retrospect I was out of line for thinking that. I am being way too sensitive lately, so please forgive me. Tell you what, if we ever meet I'll buy you a pint and we'll call it square.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Chris

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, I think UB has a different sense of humor or way of viewing things than some. He seems pretty cool, though. In answer to the question, I'm technically a Witness. But I don't believe in the "faithful slave", amongst many other things. I still have family and friends that are Witnesses. Someone yesterday, suggested that I was spiritually weak because I missed another meeting.

• gumby
    gumby
    I am being way too sensitive lately

I can relate to that. Not long ago on this board I could't take a joke. I thought everyone who joked with me was serious and I let them know. I usually made an ass out of myself. I even told uncle bruce off and francois in one post and called them both smartasses. I apologized.

I find the more you heal......the less sesitive you are.

BTW...I enjoy your posts....and your apology is more than accepted.

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Why is that bullshit? If I were to say that the two witness rule is evil at a Kingdom Hall I would be hauled before a Judicial Committee and DF'd in a heartbeat! If I were to say that the two witness rule is evil at a Kingdom Hall I would be hauled before a Judicial Committee and DF'd in a heartbeat!

Big Tex .. that was my warped sense of humour at work -

spelling out the way this low brow australian humour was suposed to work -- did you ever hear the word BULLSHIT!! at a kingdom hall?

If I were to call out BULLSHIT a Kingdom Hall watchtower study. I would be hauled before a Judicial Committee and DF'd in a heartbeat!

i wasn't calling what you said bullshit .. i was merely attempting to make you laugh .. sorry for the misunderstanding .. on second reading i see the confusion etc... .. unclebruce

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is is sooooo cute watching guys kiss and make up. Awwww.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

In the words of Xenawarrior, the source of all wisdom

"It's all good."

• animal
    animal

Not me!

Animal

• Carmel
    Carmel

What's a JW, Jasuen?

caveman