Next time a jw says "the end is sooo close now"

by nowwhat? 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Say this. With what's going on the world does it look like they are going to proclaim peace and security anytime soon?! Or was the organization wrong again about the end times?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

No and Yes

Next.

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿท

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

My standing offer for any and all JWs who say โ€œthe end is sooooo close nowโ€:

(This only works for JWs with at least a little wealth, not so much for JWs on the dole or forced to live with 5 roommates due to poverty)

Iโ€™ll sign an agreement with you, with these terms:

โ€” I give you $20,000 cash right now

โ€” You sign a contract giving me 100% of all your assets 5 years from now. You can continue to use those assets (house, car, cash, etc.) for the next 4 years and 364 days, but at year 5, it is all legally and fully mine

What do you, Brother The-End-Is-Imminent, have to lose? You get an extra free $20,000 right now. Surely Armageddon will come before the 5 years are up, so Iโ€™ll never collect, and you wonโ€™t lose the car, house, etc. then, right? Thereโ€™s no way you can lose with a deal like that, right?

Any takers?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Closer than 70 CE?

Closer than 1914?

Closer than 1975?

Close is a vague and meaningless term without some sort of anchor point.

FFGhost came up with a great experiment to see just how close JWs think the end is. Here is another -

"Tell me how much longer 'close' is. If there is any indication you are right I will return to your religion. However, if it goes past that time you have to quit." Just see how many JWs are willing to play along.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Ghost,

A JW might take you up on your offer and plan to sell his house to family members and squander the money from the sales in year four when he realizes the organization is wrong as it always is.

Then you are left holding the bag unless, of course, your contract prohibits the gifting, selling or remortgaging of his house.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Usually when I encounter Jw's with the "End is Sooo Close" I Usually ask " what, No date this time? Then, I start listing predicted dates of when the end should of happened. Then I ask them who are you kidding?

• joao
    joao

Here they don't get close to me now! They think I'm an apostate! But I'm only an heretic! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ™

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

They stay away from me too, I ask too many questions that gets their brains hurting , as one Die Jw put it with my questions I was damaging his faith with my questions. Most of my questions where about Watchtower history.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There won't be any proclamation of peace and security because that is being misinterpreted.

And other than in Ukraine, there is peace.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Remember friends the United Nations declared 1986 as the International Year of Peace and Security .

1Thes.5:3 "Whenever it is that they are saying "Peace and security !" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them...

36 years have passed and we are still here ?

How soon is instant ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit