spiritually sick

by enoughisenough 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorb
    Gorb

I declared jw.org spiritual sick in 1995, because of the generation change.

G.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I think it terrible that any one is labeled spiritually weak or sick...Men can't read hearts. They read time reports and judge you. The others read if you are at the meetings or in service and judge you. The Bible says not to judge others...but the JW never got that message. They have their little social cliques! My mother in law died and the some of the brothers were afraid they would be ask to do her funeral, because she was a "weak" witness. ( actually she really was quite unprincipled -but she still upheld the organization. )

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

You certainly didn’t need any ‘bible’ study again! Besides, it’s really a literature study anyway.

This wouldn’t have worked anyway on those of us who are Glad to have gotten on with our lives - especially those who have seen behind the curtain, been treated badly or disagreed with wrong teachings!

They had hoped to re-brainwash someone who has been out of the JW religion and got their own mind back by making them study one of the publications. That’s supposed to get you back in the groove. Then you would be ‘spiritually healthy’.

Just the thought of it all makes me ill.🤮

• Chezdale
    Chezdale

Hello eno,

I remember recently seeing/reading something about this recently..

the bit that says (…is there anyone among you who is sick, let him call the older men ..).

Yes, it is actually referring to an illness as in Physically sick. The slant on it being SPIRITUALY sick is not implied but forced by WT (I would say) to allow those of us who were elders to stick our noses in and pry.

• Linda14
    Linda14

2 Tim 3:6 do probably refer to spiritual weakness.

I don't see your statement to warrant the conclusion that you're spiritually sick. No. But that witness is following the view of the GB, which is that any who starts to criticize the GB is spiritually weak. Quite frankly, any GB follower, who is deep in their teachings would likely feel that you're sick if you say that of their 'God appointed Faithful Slave'.

Remember that those guys haven't woken up, so they don't understand nor are ready to understand your view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit