Transparency Questions

by Vanderhoven7 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi iXav

If the GB receives new light, does that mean that the old light came from Satan or did the holy spirit gave the GB the wrong information.

If God doesn't speak/intervene directly in human affairs today, how do you know that the GB are chosen by God?

How can someone chosen by God and who has holy spirit still make doctrinal and organizational mistakes?

Excellent questions! Thanks

• waton
    waton
    although she is long dead, I am supposedly her contemporary....

Nitty Gritty, not really, con temporary is just that temporary, together traveling through time for a time , her time. you are now alone. contemporaries no more.

How is it possible to maintain that Jesus was teaching that the 1914 generation would not pass away?
    It's obvious that we have not understood this correctly.

NG: My sub questions to you on this please: --- to show why, and it has nothing to do with overlap.

Jesus said that in effect: " this generation would pass away after all these things occur"

a) Did he mean by "all" the destruction of the temple, the city of Jerusalem,? --

b) would that mean in the 2nd fulfillment 'Babylon the great, Armageddon'? if so,

c) How do you support wt's teaching that the anointed generation will be called to heaven before Armageddon at the outset of the GT?

thank you: great discussion!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • What if these same Non-JWs die a few years before Armageddon...might they get a resurrection?

• Do you think its fair that God would eternally destroy people simply based on the timing of their death?

@Nitty Gritty Of course not...

What if this scenario was happening during Armageddon? A building had collapsed on someone you were giving comfort to, say?As you correctly pointed out @Nitty Gritty, this is one of the major flaws in Watchtower theology. Had this scenario played out the day before Armageddon Witnesses would be able to answer that yes they may be resurrected as you have above.

Do you believe Jehovah will destroy billions of people at Armageddon?
    Possibly, since the Bible speaks of only a minority being on the road to life.

Again, good answer @Nitty Gritty. This is a scripture many other Christians love to quote from the Bible so It’s rather hypocritical for other Christians to condemn JWs for claiming many will die at Armageddon.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Concerning this generation one must ask how the Greek word "genea" is used in all four gospels. We'll just use Matthew's gospel as an example to answer the question:

Which generation was Christ referring to in Matthew 24:34?

The Greek word “genea” (pronounced ghen-eh-ah') appears thirteen times in Matthew's gospel. Four times it is used to delineate “one set of parents to the next”. Ignoring Matthew 24:34 for the moment, in every other appearance, including 6 of the instances Matthew places the definite article “this” (houtos) before “generation”, “this generation” (houtos genea), in context, clearly covers the same group of people -i.e. “Christ's contemporaries”

Mt 11:16 But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places, who call out to the other children, (the persons then living contemporary with Christ)

Mt 12:41 The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgment, and will condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.
    (the persons then living contemporary with Christ)

Mt 12:42 "The Queen of the South will rise up with this generation at the judgment and will condemn it, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. (the persons then living contemporary with Christ).

Mt 12:45 "Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself.... That is the way it will also be with this evil generation ." (the persons then living contemporary with Christ)

Mt 17:17 And Jesus answered and said, "You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I put up with you? ..." (the persons then living contemporary with Christ)

Mt 23:36 "Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
    Reading Mt.23:36 in context again shows " the persons then living contemporary with Christ are being referred to:

29. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and garnish the tombs of the righteous, 30 and say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we should not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye witness to yourselves, that ye are sons of them that slew the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. :33 Ye serpents, ye offspring of vipers, how shall ye escape the judgment of Gehenna? 34 Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: some of them shall ye kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city: 35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. (the persons then living contemporary with Christ)

Mt 24:34
    "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

In every gospel the combination of the definite article "houtos" with the Greek word genea invariably refers to the evil generation Christ was dealing with at the time. The 1914 generation has nothing to do the gospels and everything to do with the speculations of men in New York who shamelessly add to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Are those who make contributions at assemblies or meetings given a detailed report on what the contributions are spent on or do they simply trust that they are being spent wisely?

Would it be improper for a JW especially a sister or a brother who holds no position, to ask to see a detailed report of the congregations spending?

Are JW's provided with the "business plan" of the organization or are they free to see leaderships meeting agendas or sit in on their meetings or view videos of their leaders discussing matters pertaining to the future of the organization they are finically supporting?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Nitty Gritty

Care to pm me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit