Need a little help on 607 586/587....

by undercover 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlanF
    AlanF

I was wondering if that was actually you, but I wanted to test the waters. Welcome aboard! Your comments will be appreciated by many readers. I'll give you a call soon. We have some catching up to do.

For other readers, I've known Gamaliel for some years now. Both he and his wife are fantastic, brilliant people who know the Watchtower's proclivity for teaching nonsense inside out. I've been hoping for a long time that Gamaliel would involve himself in ex-JW activities and tell what he knows about what really goes on in Bethel.

AlanF

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

AlanF,

You're too kind. But I do truly appreciate the welcome.

I have to say, I am extremely impressed with the work you've done. I've caught up on most of your essays posted elsewhere. This thread is just another of several threads I've seen where your work has come in handy.

Also, you'll be happy to know that I've put aside the tendency to resort to puns and wordplay. As I read your threads though, I can't help but think that you're a "Thread to Society" and I'm just a thimble-minded knit-wit.

Gamaliel

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

AlanF: This is a little off-topic, but you stated in an earlier reply that "I'm an ex-JW and am not disfellowshipped or disassociated. I was threatened with this once, but took appropriate steps that forced the Society to back off."

I would like to know what those "appropriate steps" were as this would be of benefit to my family. If you are willing to post this, that is. If you have already posted it, maybe you can share the thread? If I need to email you directly for tips on this, please let me know.

Thanks.

• AlanF
    AlanF

The steps were simple and straightforward. One day in 1995, while my divorce from my braindead JW wife was pending, and my ex informed the elders that I was going to remarry, a couple of elders called me one evening and said that they needed to talk to me about keeping the congregation clean. I told them that I was not part of their congregation and it was none of their business what I was doing, and hung up on them. The next day I called one of these guys late at night so as to ensure that it was only him on the line, and told him that I wanted to tell my side of the divorce story. He wasn't interested. I then told him that I had been inactive for 12 years, was never part of his congregation (I had moved into their territory years after I became inactive), that he was well aware that no JW thought of me as being a JW, and that had I known when I was about to be baptized at age 15 what I knew now, I never would have gotten baptized. He was quite taken aback at all this. I then told him that I was no threat to his congregation as I wanted no contact with any of them. Then I told him to listen carefully and said, in a grave and authoritative way: "Under no circumstances are you to make any announcements to anyone, publicly or privately, concerning my status or lack thereof as a JW. In particular you will not disfellowship or disassociate me. You will pretend that I do not exist. If I find that you or any of your fellow elders have violated my command, I will take all necessary steps to protect my good name in the community. Do you understand what I am telling you?" He said he did. I then said, "If you leave me alone, I will leave you alone. Deal?" He said it was a deal. That was the end of it.

The point is that you have to convince the elders that you mean to fry their asses in court personally if they do anything to you. Very often, if you pose no immediate threat to local JWs because of being mouthy, they won't want to open a can of worms that they know the Society would prefer to be left alone. They know that they wouldn't accomplish anything, and that it could lead to far more trouble for them personally than is worth it.

AlanF

• cynicus
    cynicus
    Then I told him to listen carefully and said, in a grave and authoritative way.

Mmm... Jedi mind tricks...

These are not the droids you are looking for ... He can go about his business ... Move along.

(c)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit