Naked in the New World

by neat blue dog 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Well that would tie into the theory I've also heard that the water canopy would go back up, making it warm worldwide.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"Well that would tie into the theory I've also heard that the water canopy would go back up, making it warm worldwide."

Yeah, but why go through the motions of putting a water canopy up? If you're God and magically making a water canopy stay in orbit, why not just skip it and snap your fingers and make it the same temp everywhere because you said so? The water canopy is just hand waving to explain magic. Like 'Pattern Buffer' in Star Trek or 'Midichlorians' in Star Wars. :)

• Biahi
    Biahi

Welcome to the forum, Bettyhumpter, are you an ExJW? Tell us a bit about yourself, no specifics though. After the thousand years, I guess everyone will be wearing their “native garb”, or else long skirts for women, and khakis and polos for men. The men will all be clean shaven also. Check with the beloved governing body for the latest teaching. They have the direct pipeline to God, dontcha know. 💩

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

Welcome to the forum, Bettyhumpter, are you an ExJW?

Yes. 4th generation. Began having doubts as a teenager. Knew it was complete nonsense by age 18 and was completely away by age 20. It was a 2 year fade mainly because of friends and family ties. Those 2 years after high school I was making friends outside of the organization while still trying to maintain some ties within but by 20 I knew the jig was up.

I never got disfellowshipped. I don't live in the same city I grew up in and I guess I never gave them any reason (that they knew of) to pursue it.

About half my family are JW's and half not. I rarely see or hear from the ones who are still in. On the occasions I've had to go back to that town i've had interactions with them and they've been cordial. A couple of uncles are elders. I guess after 2 decades i'm almost seen as a never was a JW and what would be the point of pursuing the matter. I don't bring up religion and they don't either.

I know other former JW's have had a rougher time of it. Perhaps my family was slightly less hardnosed or maybe they liked me too much....lol.

But the ones who are in a very much still in. Speaking at conventions, elder'ing, pioneering etc.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The real answer is "don't know", but they can add things. Water canopy making temperate climate everywhere, perfect self control, asexual transformation of genitals. My favorite will never make the cut: constant orgy.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Adam and Eve were created perfect, without sin. That means they did not have the desire to act in opposition to God's laws. They were also created without the knowledge of what was right and what was wrong.

Only after eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Bad did Adam realize he was naked. Adam acquired the knowledge of good and bad as did Eve. In short - Adam and Eve had no idea what a sin was prior to eating from the tree. Apparently, being naked in public is a sin.

This is all an exercise in arguing over who is stronger - Superman of The Hulk.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I enjoy lying naked in my back yard, sharing my nuts with the squirrels.

• waton
    waton

nutty nathan natas aka norr. ha ha.

I enjoyed naked sunbaths inside, but with an open door in the winter ( brighter than Miami ) because beams reflected off the snow, above 45 degrees north latitude and -15 degrees temperature.

water canopy? how was that held up? pressure? velocity like the rings of Saturn? That dreamed up high altitude H20 never existed. imho.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

lol. When I was 13 or so, I remember thinking a world of perfect naked women sounded pretty good.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    truth_b_known: Only after eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Bad did Adam realize he was naked.

That's one of the strangest parts of the Bible, IMO. Why, in that scenario, would nudity have been "bad"? I mean, talk about terrible writing: whoever came up with this idea was... trying to explain why people have to... wear clothing? And that was his best guess? "nudity is evil"?

Even if we accept it as a metaphor of some kind, it's awfully clumsy. Adam and Eve gain the ability to discern right from wrong, and their first thought is "whoa, we're naked!" Really? You mean like every other living creature around you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit