Naked in the New World

by neat blue dog 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I know there was a painting of a woman being resurrected naked and someone coming to greet her holding clothes, but what about after perfection, after the thousand years?

The idea is we're supposed to achieve what Adam lost by returning to human perfection, so wouldn't that include not wearing clothes, especially as the act of Adam and Eve hiding in the trees and sewing fig leaves signified shame, and imperfection passed on through the reproductive organs. Has the WT ever addressed this? They have said before we might return to speaking early Hebrew, and yet they always show people in the New System® wearing clothes.

• waton
    waton

perfection is supposed be the result of a millenium of obedient wt slavery. it starts out with the resurrected status quo, nakedness at that starting point not seen as an array of heavenly beautiful bodies, so, not a rising issue. better to cover up for ~ 90 decades. perhaps room for decadent styling.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have never seen this written down but when I was a young boy in the late 50s or early 60s , I was told by those that were older and grown up that when the millennium was over we would be perfect and so have no bodily shame and would not wear clothes.

You can imagine the ideas this put in a young boy’s head !

At that time it seemed that New World living would just strolling around a park like paradise, in the nicky-nude , with a tiger by our side and plucking the fruit from the trees.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think most people should be clothed.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's bad enough being in the presence of Jobots...but naked ones is a step too far. the thought has given me permanent erectile dysfunction.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The book of Revelation speaks of resurrected ones (in the future) in heaven wearing white robes & the WT's depictions of YHWH God, Jesus Christ and angels in heaven depict them as wearing clothes, yet according to scripture all of those alleged beings are perfect and without sin.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Interesting point DJ

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter
    I was told by those that were older and grown up that when the millennium was over we would be perfect and so have no bodily shame and would not wear clothes.
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

The angels had to be clothed, because we know they were pretty horny for Earth women. Imagine if they were all walking around in Heaven, buck-nekkid with their perfect bodies and working plumbing. It would be a holy sausage-fest up there in the Pleiades!

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

lol. I guess he'd have to use his God Magic to alter physics just on earth so that the climate was the same worldwide. It's a pretty narrow band of geography where humans could go naked year round. What parts of the Earth get more sunlight would be irrelevant. The Ocean currents making Europe a friendly climate instead of frozen like central Canada would be irrelevant. It would be a completely non-understandable world except for 'God did it'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit