How did your close JWs react when they found out you know TTATT?

by ivanatahan 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Um... they called me an Apostate!! Then they ran for the hills with their hands covering their ears. I guess they didn't like what they were hearing from me.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

(Ecclesiastes 3:7) ".....A time to be silent and a time to speak..."

Excellent counsel for fading.

Another way to put it: STFU

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

My family did not really find out for a good six months that we had stopped going to Meetings. I got into a few discussions, and probably said too much, and I got a letter from a relative who lives overseas which spouted the usual nonsense "Where will you go ? only the Congregation really cares for you...." etc etc

They were good enough to decide amongst themselves that unless I did something that got me DF'd, they were not going to report my thoughts to the Elders.

So we have faded, and now hear very little from them, and never get an invite to family stuff, but we would not wish to go and they know that I guess.

I think we were lucky.

• kairos
    kairos

My older than me nephew, ex-elder, ex-pioneer, ex-bethelite, after having a very two hour session of why I'm an apostate, stopped our relationship on the spot.

After ten plus years of regular family visits, trips and what-not he cut me off about a year ago. His family is so dysfunctional and crazy, I'm actually glad to be rid of them.

Sad as that sounds, it is the truth.

This organization makes people choose between their religion and their family.
    Lying hypocrites!

No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009251

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    Some of them shun me. Some of them just don't discuss religious things with me. Some of them want to understand my viewpoint. Some agree with me and know TTATT but are stuck in for family reasons. Everyone is different. They know I am DF'd and some just don't let that stop them from keeping in touch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit