Is the year 2020 the new prediction for Armageddon?

by Disassociated Lady 2 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Armageddon is always "less than 5 years away" to any currently believing JW.

The problem is, it has been "Less than 5 years away" for the past 110 years!

• undercover
    undercover

Cognitive dissonance. They (most hardcore ones that is) have some form of this belief embedded deep in their indoctrinated brain, while at the same time go about their lives pretty much like the rest of the world around them.

I remember my F-I-L in the course of 5 minutes going from how 'the end' would be here between 5 - 10 years to talking about how he was going to spend his retirement.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I haven't heard anything through the grapevine, but I would not be surprised if the religion latches onto another date!

I think all this date setting infuses renewed vigor into the Witnesses and gives them something to live for.

• baker
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

The latest thing is 2034 so I've heard. Poul Bregninge mentions it in his book, highly recommended reading : https://www.amazon.com/Judgment-Day-Must-Wait-Witnesses/dp/1936411237/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484001701&sr=1-1&refinements=p_27%3APoul+Bregninge

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reality is the WTS has been saying that Armageddon was just around the corner since the 1870's.

Unfortunately but not surprising most JWS today aren't aware of that fact.

Many times religious charlatanism is about fear mongering with the intent of literature proliferation, the WTS falls into this category as well.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I told my daughter "just around the corner since the 1870's". Apostate lies, so frustrating!!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ James Mixon...

Didn't you know?

Even if an apostate tells the truth, it - by definition - becomes a lie, simply by virtue of having been told by an apostate.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It has to be realized in accepted honesty that the Christ has returned and the following Great Tribulation Armageddon doctrine set by the Watchtower Corporation, had very much to do with literature distribution and proliferation.

Basically this religious organization was built upon lies and inaccurate bible interpretations but they were nevertheless commercially viable.

You could also say that this organization enacted as fear mongering charlatans who exploited people's ignorance and insecurities to only further exploit people to distribute the literature and coach monetary donations $$$, which it still does to this day.

As long there is men who live off the organization and who also draw power and control around themselves, this organization will unfortunately continue on.

The deceptions will change ( New Truths, New Light ) but the exploitation and manipulation will continue on as well.

• kepler
    kepler

---------------------------------------

@ James Mixon...

Didn't you know?

Even if an apostate tells the truth, it - by definition - becomes a lie, simply by virtue of having been told by an apostate.

==============================

Kepler: OK. They are right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit