Is the year 2020 the new prediction for Armageddon?

by Disassociated Lady 2 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schnell
    schnell

What? You don't believe? ;)

https://youtu.be/ntLsElbW9Xo

• schnell
    schnell

We gotta get outta this place

If it's the last thing we ever do.

Girl there's a better life for me and you...

https://youtu.be/wJVpihgwE18

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He is of the opinion that Armageddon will have come and gone within the next 5 years.

One should very cautious about listening to a person who is an JWS , they aren't particularly the most educated and intelligent lot.

The JWS religion was founded upon fear mongering unbiblical date setting promoted by a religious publishing house the WTS. and propagated as such to enhance the continuing proliferation of the literature the WTS published.

The date setting of 1914 is directly in opposition to the instructions laid down by Jesus himself in preaching the Gospel.

Thats a " Truth " that the WTS will never admit !

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way Disassociated Lady 2

JWs are known to pull " Well we know there is little time left in this system of things, so we should stay close to his chosen earthly organization to make sure we are in appeasement to him when that day arrives ".

The WTS heads have brainwashed people to think and behave in this supportive way to their organization for obvious reasons or not.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2
    He could have said it will all be over in 5 years just to get me back into it again, I was just wondering if 2020 had been mentioned I their publications that's all and I was asking not generalizing Village Idiot. :-/ x
  • blondie
    blondie

I think you could find an individual jw that puts for a personal opinion. But the WTS has not had an official date since 1975 unless you consider the Year of Peace in 1986 an official one.

VERY SOON NOW

Is an often repeated phrase....could be tomorrow or another 103 years (see 1914)

on the threshold

• schnell
    schnell

I consider "within the twentieth century" such a prediction as well, though it was edited in later additions to hide that.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Happy prediction,"14 tech prediction for our world for 2020", The beginning of the end of cancer..

Gloom and doom prediction: We have 19 prediction by another nut case religion(not JW), "the end will come during or after(2220) the year 2020.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As blondie says the WTS makes no prediction on dates. They are treading a fine line where they are trying to avoid setting timescales whilst also needing to keep a sense of expectation and urgency alive. The best you get in print is "short time remaining" or variations.

Five year rolling expectations have been common as long as I can remember. Few Witnesses have the intellectual bollocks to think it could be years and years away lest they open themselves up to thinking it's never coming.

• wozza
    wozza

Thanks for giving me another failure to look forward to in 2020 ,I look forward this failure it's given me reason to live for 3 more years......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit