“Heaven and Earth will pass away but my words will by no means pass away.”

by Fisherman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    There was nothing salvific about believing in 1874, nor is there anything salvific about believing in 1914.

Your first question was to show you verses from the Bible and I did. What is significant are the events integrated with the dates. Those event, for example the birth of God’s Messianic kingdom in 1914 is important for salvation. It is also important for a Christian to submit to the authority of the Christ and his brothers. As JW interpret the Bible, Jesus appointed a faithful and discreet slave who dispenses food at the proper time, so Christians would need to work along with that. So having authority from Christ, they can explain the Bible. In the JW religion, Christ is king and leader and in a theocratic orderly way, as delegated authority progressively understands the Bible it dispenses it to be learned and accepted by other JW Christians. JW are students of the Bible including Brother Charles Taze Russel, so as students they are constantly learning and of course newer understanding replaces old. Take for example the new version of the NWT and 1975 replacing 1874 and other changes and enlightenment in Bible understanding. Obviously Christian conduct is what describes a Christian and that includes submitting to theocratic order relating to progressive learning of interpretation of prophecy and not pushing ahead.

• waton
    waton

so, why did the reigning king, with all the authority given to him, not support the dissenting voices, that branded wt teaching wrong at the time and now, such as :

the false prophecy of wt in 1918/1919 that " millions then living will never die" ?

Do you assert that Jesus favours falsehood over truth? is powerless to stop falsehood? Of course

In the current weekly meetings, wt shows the true prophet languishing in prison, lying spirits favoured, The powerful killing, dispossessing the righteous and lowly, with no intervention.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Do you assert that Jesus favours falsehood over truth? is powerless to stop falsehood?

It is not like believing in idolatry which is sinful. Brother Rutherford was not totally wrong on this. He learned that not everybody goes to heaven and that a great crowd of other sheep (and hopefully you will be one of them, Waton) lives forever on a paradise earth. But he figured that the end would come before all those JW other sheep would die.

• waton
    waton
    other sheep (and hopefully you will be one of them, Waton) lives forever on a paradise earth.

thank you fisherman, ditto. I am making sure of that, by having flat bread and wine under all the full spring moons, because all those appreciating the ransom must partake, as commanded. I will leave it up to better judges to assign me my destiny.

• waton
    waton

From the opening post:

“this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."

here is the dissenting voice inviting wt writers to re examine:

Current wt doctrine has the anointed generation of 1914 pass away to heaven at the outset of the Great Tribulation. however,

the text above quoted for this discussion clearly states that this generation will survive all the things (not pass away until) the whole GT, the fall of Babylon, Judgement of goats, Armageddon), has occurred, is passe'. so,

wt writers have here already contradicted Jesus' prophecy. False even before failed fulfillment reveals their error as in all the other instances, -- just by context. . time to recant, correct. abandon, apologize. imho.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit