Stupid WT Q's : Is It Wise or Safe to Keep a Dog?  Demons—How Can We Resist Them?

by Sea Breeze 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“ just know I should have gone then, or before in the 60’s when they said females wouldn’t be allowed to wear jeans or ride horses in the ‘new system”

I don’t know who the “they” are , but I am darn sure that has never appeared in print.. somebody’s personal rant, I guess…

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

You are right, B.B.

not in print even in the early 60’s, but an interpretation convenient to themselves of an article in a Watchtower in the 50’s about Christians should not be wearing apparel of the opposite sex.

My mother was a violent woman and became a JW when I was about 12 years old, she was also violent with a short fuse. She justified her attacks on me by saying I was a problem child. There were occasions when she claimed that I was demonised and that the demons were persecuting her by means of me! I asked a sister who was the wife of a book study servant if this could be true, she said “yes, possibly “. Can you imagine what good that did me?

I used to spend my free time at a local stable mucking out, grooming, cleaning tack etc. Loved being around animals, who were a lot kinder than humans,- still find it hard these 60 years later to trust humans.

I was a guilt- ridden messed up individual trying against all odds for all of these 60 years later, never found real friends among them.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    You got friends here hopeless1. I think angry people with an ax to grind are attracted to the WT. We don't get to choose the families we are born into. But we do get to choose the family we are born-again into.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good dog. Good dog!

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Of course that's what Paul said in Philippians 3v2 "Beware of the dogs."

🤣🤣🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit