Please stop deriding the Governing Body.

by Esse quam videri 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

PLEASE STOP IT !!!

We love them.

We all love them.

They're our favorites!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    WHY???? I see them hurting those who are trying to be faithful lives and loves being destroyed. Said such from experience.
  • Watchtower-Free
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Psalm 146:3
    Parallel Verses
    New International Version
    Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.
  • steve2
    steve2

If even one of their number was a handsome dude, I'd agree with the OP. You can forgive those with beautiful looks almost anything, those without, nothing.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Esse quam videri is a Latin phrase meaning "To be, rather than to seem (to be)".

Now the Governing Body may seem to be good, they are in fact not.

They are arrogant liars, hypocrites and cowards that sponge off of the hard work of others. They claim to be a "Faithful and Discreet Slave," but in actual practice they behave as if they are the lords and masters over the faithful Witnesses.

They pompously demand blind, unquestioning obedience. They issue edicts like this now infamous maxim from the November 15th, 2013 Watchtower:

• All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. - p. 20

-

And yet, when called on to testify before legitimate authorities, they hypocritically say things like:

• "I do not answer to Watchtower. ... Watchtower does not have, and never has had, any authority over me." - Gerritt Lösch, in a signed affidavit to the Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Diego, dated February 4th, 2014

-
    They make the Pharisees look like amateurs.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• millie210
    millie210
    Esse quam videri30 minutes agoPLEASE STOP IT !!!
    We love them.
    We all love them.
    They're our favorites!

We?

• vinman
    vinman
    And remember. the Governing body loves you too
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

They go the the bathroom like us, maybe more so by the looks of them.

Well fed bunch. Reminds me of an ongoing joke on a local Montreal radio station back in the eighties, they had a thing going where one would ask the other : Salut mon Bill, fait tu de l'argent sur le dos des autres ? ( insert French Canadian accent hehe ) Pretty funny !

( Hey Bill, are you making making money off the backs of others ? )

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Psalm 82

God takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges:

2 “How long will you continue to judge with injustice? And show partiality to the wicked?

(Selah) 3 Defend the lowly and the fatherless. Render justice to the helpless and destitute.

4 Rescue the lowly and the poor; Save them out of the hand of the wicked.”

5 They do not know, nor do they understand; They are walking about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are being shaken.

6 “I have said, ‘You are gods, All of you are sons of the Most High.

7 But you will die just as men do; And like any other prince you will fall!’”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit