"The battle for your mind" july 17 WT

by Bad_Wolf 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

This is such a strange article. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017488

Notice the parts about one won't get truth if it's spoon fed. One can only get truth directly from the bible. Blind acceptance is bad. THEN the rest is about blind acceptance from GB, dont be critical, etc.

The article is so bipolar.

• carla
    carla

Can you give us a bit more info? Some here, like me, refuse to click on anything from the org. I refuse to give them anymore standing than they already get from google. Yeah, I know, makes no difference, just my personal stand against the org.

• steve2
    steve2

Propaganda designed to warn you about others' propaganda is an uneasy recipe, prone to mad-making conclusions.

"Bipolarity" is actually a very good way to characterize such writing:

Out of one side of its mouth, JW organization appeals to non-JWs to scrutinize their ("false") beliefs, but out of the other side, urges the rank and file JWs to be wary of the spirit that lurks behind scrutinizing their ("true") beliefs.

• Alive!
    Alive!

I suggest this is clever manipulation aimed at reshaping ones true experience.

That is, 'we can't possibly be trying to control your mind, otherwise why would we write so honestly about the risks?'

They do this A LOT.

• jp1692
    jp1692

This series of articles from the June 22, 2002 Awake! is actually very informative on the subject of propaganda. It was after I read these that I realized that the writer's of the WTBTS publications know exactly what they are doing and are deliberately manipulative:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/21789

• jp1692
    jp1692

Oh the irony:

Under [propaganda's] influence, says one scholar, men and women have been “quite easily led into the most preposterously dangerous behaviour”—such as ‘genocide, war, racist hysteria, religious intolerance and many other forms of irrational behaviour.’—Easily Led—A History of Propaganda. [Emphasis added]

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Double Speak at its finest!

And yet Witnesses simply do not see it...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

These bastards know exactly what they're doing.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Ja, definitely ironic. The article is a piece of propaganda about... propaganda.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I especially love this line.

Use your God-given thinking abilities and power of reason to make the truth your own.

Unless, of course, those "thinking abilities and power of reason" lead one to the conclusion that the writers of the Watchtower don't have the "Truth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit