J.W org and Noah's Flood

by Phizzy 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I remember when I was "in" the org. had a ridiculous Public Talk Outline defending the Genesis Flood Myth.

Do they have a current one doing that ?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

You mean the stuff about near-identical worldwide legends, worldwide pyramids, worldwide festivals for the dead around that time of year, quick frozen animals, drastic polar temperature shifts and evidence of traumatic geologic disruption? Yes im sure this material is used in different ways.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I remember when people believed in the sci-fi myths of Richard Dawkins/Charles Darwin/Stephen Gould/Sigmund Freud/Friedrich Nietzsche/etc and other members of the "governing body" of evolutionary-atheistic-make-believe mythology literature just because they read it in a bunch of publications and heard other "smart-sounding" individuals regurgitate it, lol!!!🤣🤣🤣

(Oh, wait - that's still going on today! Also there are people who believe the earth is flat, and that Santa Claus really exists, and that if you put enough letters after your name and use big words you must be more intelligent...🙄🤪)

Did you know that if you live long enough you'll mutate? Yeah, just wait and see!

Did you know that 356,789,012,345 million bazillion years ago dogs ruled the universe and then evolved into fleas and then died off when a meteorite hit? Yeah, I'm writing a book on it, and I'm an expert. What do you mean, where's the evidence? You can't tell that there was a meteorite? You can't check my dates? What do you mean, where are my witnesses? I don't need witnesses. I'm a "scientist!" Won't you take my word for it? I have fancy dating techniques, so it must be the truth, because I never lie and I never make mistakes. Now, won't you buy my book? It's got the latest theory!

🤣🤣🤣

(I think it's funny how some people get out of one cult and then embrace the lies and propaganda of another - as if the "science" community isn't full of people who use the same shady techniques as the WTBT$.)

The "science community" was my first "WTBT$". The hoodwinking techniques are the same. Publish or perish. Flood the followers with enough "leaven" and repeat the "mantra" enough that no one dares question it and banish/shun anyone who won't "believe" the evolutionary/atheistic doctrine. Same trap in different dressing. Same package in a different wrap. Following fakers who make stuff up.

Not everything the science community teaches is wrong, just like not everything the WTBT$ teaches is wrong.

Real science and the Bible show the Flood was real. Richard Dawkins writes sci-fi fantasy because it sells better than non-fiction. "$cience"

• St George of England
    St George of England
    the org. had a ridiculous Public Talk Outline defending the Genesis Flood Myth.

I gave that talk back in the 1960's. The really sad part is that I actually believed it!

George

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I doubt they have a new outline for the flood story. Many years ago when Samuel Herd was a CO he gave a talk about the flood and his intro was based on the info from the Angels and Women book from 1924. He never mentioned the book by name but he said his source material was from a novel in the Bethel library at the time.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come! It would be more advantageous for him if a millstone were hung from his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to stumble one of these little ones!"

"The really sad part is..."

The really sad part is that the GB/FDS/PhariseeTypeReligiousLeaders have stumbled so many of Jesus' little sheep.

Jesus will "resurrect" the faith of all the stumbled little sheep at the appropriate time, but it won't go well for those GB/FDS/PhariseeTypeReligiousLeaders...

"And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: “Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.""

Just as the Flood reached to the ends of the earth, so the flood of judgment against all false religion will also clean out the false religion in JW-land.

"For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken along and the other abandoned. Two women will be grinding at the hand mill; one will be taken along and the other abandoned."

Jehovah knows those who belong to him, and He can distinguish between a hypocrite and a non-hypocrite. The sincere little sheep who are sighing and groaning over the detestable things going on in false religion are precious to His heart.

The PhariseeTypeReligiousLeaders? Not so much.

"For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong."

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I've shared this before but when I was at Bethel I found the very books the WT writers quoted for their particular pseudoscientific take on the flood stories. Velikovsky's World's in Collision and Wesley's The Bibical Flood and the Ice Epoch were underlined and marked up with the exact phrases and quotes in the WT literature. At the time I was confident that the works were credible and useful. I bought the books and used material for the Noah talk I gave a few times. However, it was clear even then that some of their ideas were unsupportable. Fast forward a few years and the reality hit me. I closeted my thoughts for a while until eventually it all came down in a crash.

There will always be a way to misuse science to convince people who wish to be convinced of supernaturalism.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    EasyPrompt: Real science and the Bible show the Flood was real.

Sigh..

1. Geology: The Earth's geological record does not show evidence of a global flood. There is no widespread layer of sedimentary rock that would be expected if the entire planet were once submerged.

2. Fossil Record: The fossil record reveals a continuous sequence of life forms, with no evidence of a sudden mass extinction event that would be expected from a global flood.

3. Lack of Genetic Diversity: If all animals were descended from those on Noah's Ark, we would expect to see a severe lack of genetic diversity among species, which is not the case.

4. Lack of Water: The amount of water required to flood the Earth to the highest mountains would be far greater than what is available in Earth's oceans and atmosphere.

5. Lack of Historical Records: There is no historical or archaeological evidence from other civilizations to support a global flood.

6. Animal Migration: Attempts to explain how animals from all over the world could have traveled to the Middle East to board the Ark and then returned to their habitats post-flood have consistently failed. They are funny though.

The Biblical flood of Noah is a fable, a myth. It's not history. Get over it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh the flood...

Even as a kid I could not figure out how that crazy story could happen...right along being swallowed by a big fish and living to tell about it!

But miracles are miracles and if you have faith in miracles...science doesn't matter.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

The flood story was one of the first things that started me thinking as a child being raised in the Borg that maybe something was amiss. I remember thinking even at middle school age this whole thing makes no sense at all. I'm going to kill everyone because humanity sucks so hard, but then no, I'll save a handful of people so they can, wait for it, start the whole species that I want to wipe out all over again and we will be right back to square one.

I remember thinking about the logistics of the whole thing and I asked questions about that. I had been to the zoo and seen elephants take a dump, and hippos and rhinos and I'm thinking, man that's a lot of shit for a handful of people to shovel everyday. I was counseled that well with God anything is possible, and I thought well hell, why not just float them around on a cloud then for 40 days instead.

I remember looking at my old playschool Noah's Ark toy as a high schooler and thinking, man, that's a pretty weird thing to give a kid to play with. Ok Johnny, get all the animals on the toy ark before every other living thing dies a nasty death by drowning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit