Why do some JWs love seeing others get disfellowshipped?

by Tameria2001 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

If these past 3 years should have taught you anything, it's that there are literally 10's of millions in the USA, and hundreds of millions of people earth-wide, who revel in cruelty and the suffering of others.

Such attitudes have been in existence for millennia - but we happen to be living in a pendulum-swing when such views are far less likely to be condemned.

JWs are probably proportionally about the same as any other demographic slice - some, a lot, way too many, celebrate the misfortune of others with malicious glee.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We were told by a family member that "your life will not go well as long as you don't have Jehovah in it (aka, the Watchtower)." He said it will a lot of glee in his voice. Like he was looking forward to watching us suffer. VERY disturbing behavior!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Its all a power trip.The elders have been given the golf club, the RnF is the ball, so bash away and show who's Boss. Egomaniacs all of them.

The bible says that the one who wants to be "greater" should be the one "serving" others......yeah right "serving Kicks" !!!

I know from experience 9not personal but saw in the cong I was in) how eldubs concocted stories, accusations, made up two witnesses from thin air as well to D'F people. If Jehovah really cared, he would surely have exposed it all rather than have people disgrace his name (if he exists).

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If Jehovah really cared, he would surely have exposed it all rather than have people disgrace his name

That's what I thought too. But I was informed that HE DID CARE! That's why he let that sh-t happen, so that he could "lovingly" provide the opportunity for his servants to prove their love for him and that come what may they would be "loyal" to the governing body, the only true mouth-pieces of Jehovah himself.

• Simon
    Simon

Sometimes the WTS doesn't make people cruel and inhuman, it allows them to be who they are.

They shun and judge because they like to do it and it makes them feel "better" then someone else, in their sad little bubble lives.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All the explanations given are right.

• Ding
    Ding

Legalistic environments are very judgmental.

People can see everyone else's sins but not their own-- just like the Pharisees.

• Moster
    Moster

Not supporting the JW's in anyway, but for the first time it sounds like they did the right thing - private reproof and told the rest of them to STFU.

As for your FIL - he is just an asshole, regardless of his faith.

• new boy
    new boy

The simple answer to that question is this.

Jehovah's Witnesses by in large want mercy for themselves and justice for everyone else!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit