BOE 2016-01-15 Re: New Feature on jw.org for Processing Recommendations of Elders and Ministerial Servants

by wifibandit 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    No, absolutely none. Usually the first the person knows about it is when the CO and another elder corral him 10 minutes before the meeting starts and gives him the ultimatum, er, question, "is there any reason we shouldn't announce that you are now an elder?" At which point he has about 10 seconds to decide if he will allow his life to be irrevocably changed forever more thereafter. Most people, of course, are so flabbergasted that they can merely mutter, an "er, um, no I guess not" and ka-blam! you are an elder.

Wow is that really how it happens? I had no idea. That's so dumb. But when I think about it's pretty typical of this organisation.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Wow is that really how it happens? I had no idea. That's so dumb. But when I think about it's pretty typical of this organisation.

I second that. I really thought that someone made it meant to the Locals that they were reaching out to be MS or Elder or whatever.

I really had no idea it worked this way as just dumping that question on you. About becoming an elder or MS.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think it's all about eliminating Paper Trails.

Continuing to put all the Legal Burden on the COs and Elders.

"What an elder raped that girl? We at Warwick had nothing to do with that, talk to the CO Mr Judge."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wrong thread...😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit