Interesting UK Daily Mirror Article

by DakotaRed 75 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    No one can argue for this war and they know it.

If the left had been actually reading and digesting what we alleged "pro-war" types have been saying, you would see that we also wish there to be no war. How to stop it? Simple, demand and force Saddam to disarm, as was stated 12 years ago. Protesting Bush and Blair fuels Saddam and makes him believe he doesn't need to disarm. Don't you find it curious that he agreed to cooperate with the inspectors and destroy some weapons only after the US show of strength in the region?

Had the entire world community stood up to him and other terrorists over the years, instead of trying to appease them and let them hold us all as hostage, the sanctions would be lifted by now and there is all likelihood 9-11 may not have happened. The fear of reprisals against all is exactly what they wish to see and the reluctance of the left to call for Saddam's disarmament seems little more than the old "I don't want to get involved" attitude that resulted in the stabbing murder of a woman in New York City in the 60s, while nearly 25 people stood watching.

When will you all see that Nirvana doesn't exist and never will? Europe, of all, should be able to look back and see the fallacy of a policy of appeasement of tyrants.

The lefts hatred of the Bush Administration is what is really fueling much of this anti-war rhetoric to the point that Saddam will once again believe he has world support and end up causing a war. Learn from General Vo Nuygen Giap who prolonged the Vietnam War due to seeing the protests in the streets of America and abroad, resulting in a much greater loss of life than there should have been.

Really want to stop a war? Protest and demand Saddam disarm, remove any reason for Bush to wage war. As long as Saddam refuses to comply with the 18 UN resolutions against him, there is a reason for war to disarm him. Think he is an innocent peace loving leader? Ask any who escaped Iraq and the citizens of Kuwait. No evidence of violations? Read the written reports from Hans Blix and ask why his oral statement did not include the 8 fully intact bombs filled with biological agents his inspectors unearthed and the Iraqi claim they simply forgot about. Transcripts of both his written and oral reports are at the UN's webpage and available for public viewing.

If the left displayed half as much distain for Saddam's refusal to disarm and account for forbidden weapons as they do against the Bush Administration, this never would have gotten this far and the Iraqi people would no longer be under any UN sanctions.

For the record, I am not pro-war, but anti-Saddam Hussein and any other terrorist tyrants. I've been up to my neck in war and don't really care for it. But, I enjoy freedom more and wish all others could have the freedom to choose for themselves as many western nations enjoy. War can be avoided by a show of strength and solidarity against tyrants. Appeasement will do little more than eventually bring about a much larger war with a much larger loss of life, just as it did for WW2.

For all who call for an asasination of Saddam, sorry, but any US involvement in political assinations was banned under Gerald Ford's Administration and reiterated again under Ronald Reagans Administration. Bush has been encouraged to repeal that Presidential Proclamation, but as far as I have been able to discern, hasn't. But, say he did and Saddam was assasinated, I bet most all of you would come crying what a heinous murderer he was. Your hatred of the right, conservatism and the Bush Administration is all too apparent, just as the author of the original article in this thread has stated.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

">>>>YAWN

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Charlie, that's one of the more intelligent copy and pastes I've ever seen you do.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Would someone kindly do some research on George Bush and the 'Skull & Bones Society?" Just go into your search engines and print away.

When one takes an oath to this society, it supercedes the oath of being President of the Unites States. The rest is history.

What the Europeans did to the Native Americans Indians starting 500 years is NOTHING compared to what your presently feuding about! NOTHING!!!

Guest 77

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh Dakota...

If the left had been actually reading and digesting what we alleged "pro-war" types have been saying, you would see that we also wish there to be no war. How to stop it? Simple, demand and force Saddam to disarm, as was stated 12 years ago. Protesting Bush and Blair fuels Saddam and makes him believe he doesn't need to disarm. Don't you find it curious that he agreed to cooperate with the inspectors and destroy some weapons only after the US show of strength in the region?

This is your 'shut-up you leftists' arguement. Funny really, and just your opinion, and one that violates the principles of freedom of speech, even if you were right, which you cannot be sure of in this case, and which you can only be sure of in the case you use for 'proof' IF you can prove that the USA ignoring popular protest and contiuning the war was not the cause of more deaths. YAWN? As for show of force, there has been a continual show of force in that area for 12 years.

Had the entire world community stood up to him and other terrorists over the years, instead of trying to appease them and let them hold us all as hostage, the sanctions would be lifted by now and there is all likelihood 9-11 may not have happened.

Please show the connection between 9/11 and Iraq.

The fear of reprisals against all is exactly what they wish to see and the reluctance of the left to call for Saddam's disarmament seems little more than the old "I don't want to get involved" attitude that resulted in the stabbing murder of a woman in New York City in the 60s, while nearly 25 people stood watching.

Strawman arguement, that's your opinion, and not one based on any of the 'left' arguements I have seen.

When will you all see that Nirvana doesn't exist and never will? Europe, of all, should be able to look back and see the fallacy of a policy of appeasement of tyrants.

Hang on, isn't Saddam a created US tyrant? Or is that Osama? I lose track of which nasty totalitarian reigemes the USA have backed, and which they've opposed...

The lefts hatred of the Bush Administration is what is really fueling much of this anti-war rhetoric to the point that Saddam will once again believe he has world support and end up causing a war. Learn from General Vo Nuygen Giap who prolonged the Vietnam War due to seeing the protests in the streets of America and abroad, resulting in a much greater loss of life than there should have been.

YAWN. I knew you'd bring that upo and unless you can prove that more people died due to people protesting and the war continuing as compared to the government ignoring the protestors and the war contiuning, your arguement is just unfounded opinion. Oh, and unfounded assertations about what Saddam is thinking; I didn't know the right employed mind-readers.

Really want to stop a war? Protest and demand Saddam disarm, remove any reason for Bush to wage war. As long as Saddam refuses to comply with the 18 UN resolutions against him, there is a reason for war to disarm him. Think he is an innocent peace loving leader? Ask any who escaped Iraq and the citizens of Kuwait. No evidence of violations? Read the written reports from Hans Blix and ask why his oral statement did not include the 8 fully intact bombs filled with biological agents his inspectors unearthed and the Iraqi claim they simply forgot about. Transcripts of both his written and oral reports are at the UN's webpage and available for public viewing.

If the left displayed half as much distain for Saddam's refusal to disarm and account for forbidden weapons as they do against the Bush Administration, this never would have gotten this far and the Iraqi people would no longer be under any UN sanctions.

Dakota, you can't see that the excuse of 911 has allowed the US to pursue its strategic interests... not neccesarily those of security, as Iraq poses no direct threat to the US, when it was quite happy to ignore for over a decade all the bad things that happend, indeed, to turn around and march away from Baghdad knowing they were leaving a tyrant in the first Gulf War.

For the record, I am not pro-war, but anti-Saddam Hussein and any other terrorist tyrants. I've been up to my neck in war and don't really care for it. But, I enjoy freedom more and wish all others could have the freedom to choose for themselves as many western nations enjoy. War can be avoided by a show of strength and solidarity against tyrants. Appeasement will do little more than eventually bring about a much larger war with a much larger loss of life, just as it did for WW2.

More strawman. You have not answered why it's okay for the USA to go against International law, why it is okay to make the USA even more distrusted by doing so, and why a few months wait is impossible. You turn the question into a black and white one as it's the only way you can maintain a position with the lack of reason you have for war tomorrow.

For all ho call for an asasination of Saddam, sorry, but any US involvement in political assinations was banned under Gerald Ford's Administration and reiterated again under Ronald Reagans Administration. Bush has been encouraged to repeal that Presidential Proclamation, but as far as I have been able to discern, hasn't. But, say he did and Saddam was assasinated, I bet most all of you would come crying what a heinous murderer he was. Your hatred of the right, conservatism and the Bush Administration is all too apparent, just as the author of the original article in this thread has stated.

I actually think this has been lifted, but don't really care. I think Saddam is a bad man, and having him killed like a dog, whilst amoral, is a better option than war. SO yet another strawman arguement.

YAWN.

J6OCR9;

That website is a little whacky. I'd say that it being ALL true, is as likely as the article on Physics being ALL correct. You don't need conspiracy theories, there's enough stink in the air to do with Bush to make it clear that the USA is more of an oligarchy with a formailised pseudo-democratic selection of candidate than a proper democracy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Learn from General Vo Nuygen Giap who prolonged the Vietnam War due to seeing the protests in the streets of America and abroad, resulting in a much greater loss of life than there should have been.

We need to face up to the fact that the other side won!

It's easy to "blame" Giap, but couldn't the same be said of the invaders? There wouldn't have been such a horrendous loss of life, and there still is as a result of the spraying of defoliants like Agent Orange, if the invaders weren't there.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Bite me Dakota, I was having problems with the board last night, the message was much longer than that, for some reason it didn't post my entire message, and when I went to go edit it, I was getting resource errors from the web server. What I said, was you can't even come up with a good argument to counter Retired Colonel Mike Turner was General Norman Schwarzkopf's personal briefing officer during Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm, so you just say yawn. Considering he's an expert witness, come up with something to counter him, you arm chair politician.

• Realist
    Realist

911 was also up there together with hiroshima, nagasaki, hanoi, panama city, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

the problem is that 2/3 of americans can't see through the propaganda of its government....the US is the greates rogue nation in the world.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Some figures that put the cost of war into perspective :

TOOLS OF PEACE.............COST...................TOOLS OF WAR

11 Blankets for refugees.........$100...........11 hand grenades

3-day course: 160 youth in peace trng..$4,000....1 rocket launcher

Enroll 2 children in Head Start.....$14,000........1 cluster bomb

2 home health aides for disabled elderly..$40,000...1 Hellfire Missile

Associate Degree for 29 RN's......$145,600..........1 Bunker-buster bomb

Rent Subsidies for 1,000 families...$586,000....1,000 M-16 Rifles

Annual Salary for 15 RN's.....$763,000......1 minute War on Iraq

Improve, Modernize, Repair 20 schools...$46 million.....1 hour War on Iraq

WIC nutrition pgrm for 200,000 families...$130 million...7 unmanned Predator
    drones

Eradicate Polio Worldwide......$275 million...3 tests Missile-Defense

Best vaccianations: 10 million children...$350 million....6 Trident II
    missiles

Childcare for 68,000 needy children...$413 million....1 Amphibious Warfare
    Ship

7,000 units of affordable housing....$494 million....1 yr military aid
    Columbia

Prevent cuts to education programs(2003)..$1.1 billion...1 day of War on
    Iraq

Annual Salary for 38,000 school-teachers..$2.1 billion...........1 Stealth
    bomber

Healthcare for 7 million U.S. children...$16 billion.....1 year Nuclear
    weapons program

Save 11 million against infectious diseases....$38billion...1 month U.S.
    military spending

HS

• Pleasuredome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit