Zealous much?

by Olig 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I found the best way to help awaken my wife to TTATT was by asking "sincere" questions. (Actually, they really were "sincere" questions when I first began awakening/struggling.) Then, STFU. DO NOT dump a bunch of negative information on "believers" as it only causes them to "shut down" and go on the defense and begin to think of you as being caught up by Satan.

For example:

How could Brother so-and-so be appointed by Holy Spirit while at the same time he was [having an affair; or embezzling at work; or an unknown apostate, etc]. How can anyone "fool" the Holy Spirit? OR, is there really NO Holy Spirit with this Cong/Organization, etc.

How can blood transfusions be considered the same as "eating" blood when the fact is that transfusions will not sustain your life if you do not EAT other food? Transfusions DO NOT FEED your body. Transfusions DO NOT go through your digestive track as "food". Transfusions really are more like a "blood transplant" (and transplants are now acceptable even though they were a DFing offense in the past. BTW -- what changed?)

Why did a couple of teenagers get DFd for sexual petting (like is normal for young people to do), but King David did not even lose his position as King for f*cking around with Bathsheba and having her husband murdered? (Oh, their innocent baby was killed by Joe Hoover. -- That is what the scripture says.) Where is God's justice?

Why did the father (who represents Joe Hoover) run out and embrace the Prodigal son and throw a feast for his return even before he had done any good acts beyond "hitting bottom" and returning home penniless, but Brother/Sister Whats-Their-Name have been refused reinstatement for years but are always at the meetings and clearly are "good" people and well respected in the community?

Then STFU! Let your listener attempt to find the answers.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• steve2
    steve2

Great set of questions, DoC!

I noticed someone downvoted your post - I've put a like to show your comments are appreciated!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Are you in the UK? You sound British.

Somewhat north of Watford I would suggest! Welcome Olig.

George

• Olig
    Olig
    Thanks for your advice Giordano, I'll ensure to keep my comments tactful and my living situation on the quiet. Smiddy3 you make a good point about anonymity can't be too careful!
  • Olig
    Olig

Desirousofchange, I never thought of this, I'll look into it! I think the thing that will touch her heart the most would be the pause where she can think for herself!

To answer the question about whether I'm from the UK, while keeping anonymity..... Definitely north of Watford.... And not too keen on Lancashire folk ;)

Ps thank you all for your welcome it's been a real help!

OG

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I noticed someone downvoted your post - I've put a like to show your comments are appreciated! ~ Steve

Thanks, Steve!

I can't figure out WTF I said that would be construed as "negative". If it's some JW apologist they should appreciate the concept of "Theocratic Warfare" (and I didn't even lie).

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Welcome!

Take it slow. The itch will subside but it is natural for you to experience withdrawal symptoms.

Yes, withdrawal symptoms due to them being a high control group.

Just take it one day at a time and use the search feature on this site to answer many different situations and the best way to go about them.

There's so much information on this site that can definitely help you.

God bless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit