Looks like I am an RV

by lrkr 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• lrkr
    lrkr

So it looks like now I'm a return visit. I don't have it in me to be mean to the J dubs when they drop by so I chat with them.

On Thanksgiving morning one of them dropped by (my wife previously asked them to stop coming by). Our conversation went something like this:

Him: have you ever thought about coming back

Me: no I'm in a very different place now. the teaching of a great tribulation where 90% of the population dies sounds like mass genocide, not a new system!

Him: but the jws are based on the bible

Me: well not really. it's more of a theology that was built over 40-60 years that they cherry picked scriptures where needed to support the theology. most of jw teachings require major mental gymnastics to extrapolate from the Bible

Him: but what is your hope for the future (this is always the go to argument when you stymie them.)

Me: that's the magic. there is no promise of another life after this one. you have to do the best you can with this one.

I also told him how unchristain the disfellowshipping system is.

He seemed happy I was willing to talk.

Think he'll come back for more??

• freddo
    freddo

Good work. I hope he does come back for more but I wouldn't hold your breath.

• schnell
    schnell

You're more patient than I have been. If he comes back, it will be with an(other) elder.

Can I ask what your aim is? Do you want to try and reason a little, maybe open his eyes if he will?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I guess I've been out too long. I read your topic title and was trying to figure out how somebody turned you into a Recreational Vehicle.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Be careful. All your words will come back to bite you if you allow them to keep visiting.

They will come back with a couple of elders...and unless you remind them of "appropriate boundaries" , they will try and railroad you....

• lrkr
    lrkr

I have no particular aim. just remember years of showing up at doors - I don't agree with them, but can't help but feel bad for them.

And if I was worried about the 2 elders thing, I wouldn't put out political yard signs, Jack o lanterns and Christmas lights. I decided that I don't buy their bs and I don't care about their little control game.

• lrkr
    lrkr

@Jeff lol. hope I don't become a bs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Think he'll come back for more??

Yes, definitely. You have to understand that to some JWs, not all, but a rather large amount of them, being polite to them means being interested. Some don't get the no until you actually become "too firm". I know well, I was like that, I would not quit until I was told in a bad manner to stop.

If you get the feeling that the JW who's visiting you can be like that, prepare for the long haul.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess I've been out too long. I read your topic title and was trying to figure out how somebody turned you into a Recreational Vehicle.

JeffT ...

LMAO. I am still in the Borg but I thought the same thing when I read the title. I was thinking a Class A or Class C motorhome.

Rub a Dub

• smiddy
    smiddy

Some Elders just love the thought that they were responsible for weeding out a dissenter /apostate and keeping the congregarion spiritually clean.

Not unlike the religious police in Muslim countrys

So lets know how it goes IrKr .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit