To "A Believer" and other JW's that lurk or participate.

by goingthruthemotions 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210

Great post cobweb!

I came here all wounded and shattered but still believing....

I almost left because of the cold superior attitude of one poster.

Fortunately, the warmth of other posters combined with the fact that they were telling the truth and the JWs were not kept me here.

Now I see the whole JW religion for what it is and have a more stable emotional foundation under my feet. This helps me to take blunt or even rude posts with a very tiny grain of salt.

This is a most wonderful forum with some extremely bright, kind and wickedly funny people and Im so glad I didnt crumple and slink away back when I was so very thin skinned.

There is a lot to be learned here...ignore what you dont need or want in your life.

I like the line from a song...

"take what you need and leave the rest..."

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

A Believer apologized for some things he said. I personally accepted his apology. Hopefully we all can move on from that point on. I am moving on.

A believer, if you read this, please know that though we dislike trying to be preached to, we do care for the well being of people and that includes yours. Though it's not ok to come here with the same grandiose attitude that the WT instill in people, many of us are more than happy to have a normal, non-preachy conversation.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Cobweb &Millie : Great Posts. I felt the same way. I stayed away from threads I didn't think I was ready for . There are so many things to wrap my head around and some many things I didn't know I didn't know.

I had to pace myself.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Thanks for all the responses,

I am a very angry person towards the JW cult. it has blinded my wife beyond all belief.

I was decieved when i first started studying. if pertinent information was divulged in the beginning

i would have never started.

There is no hope for my wife waking up or my marriage surviving. THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF THIS CULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Everyone is open to there own opinion and this is mine.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    scratchme1010 - "A Believer apologized for some things he said."

Huh.

Maybe The TATT's startin' to get to 'im.

Wouldn't be the first time.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate
    I am a very angry person towards the JW cult. it has blinded my wife beyond all belief.

I understand your anger. I have and still have anger issues myself. However, you shouldn't let it consume you and make you miserable. Best of luck in waking up your wife.

• millie210
    millie210

goingthroughthemotions,

I understand why you feel angry and know that it is legitimate.

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you starting this thread. Being able to appreciate each others views is the most healthy way to move forward and you have made a space (this thread) where we can talk about it, so thank you my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit