To "A Believer" and other JW's that lurk or participate.

by goingthruthemotions 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

You think that coming to this site or other anti-JW sites and showing you support for the org is noble. But, it's not. Knowing how brainwashed you are makes me cringe and disgustes me and i am sure others here on the forum.

Why? becasue your in a cult and can't see it. This is the disgusting part.

How could you go to peoples doors and preach knowing that you hide critical information from them that would undoubly turn them off to this cult.

beliefs such as:

1. That Jesus is the mediator for only the 14400.

2. Overlapping Generation.

3. Failed prophecies

4. The huge Pedophillia

5. fall of jerusalem in 607 bce

and the list goes on and on.

You see, you and other mindcontrolled JW's are decieving people. Like i was decieved, and i hate your cult of a Religion for it.

It has done so much damage to my once beautiful marriage. the sad part is, i am not the only one and won't be.

So you, "A Believer" and other like you. who go out each day decieving people. I HOLD YOU BLOOD GUILTY AND BLAME YOU FOR RUINING MY FAMILY. YOU AND YOUR CULT OF A RELIGION ARE THE MOST DESPICABLE THINGS ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!

gttm

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think once an active jw visits sights like this they have already swollowed the pill. Especially when they have been told specifically not to.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I do understand your sentiment, yet, I also agree with joe. JWs that visit this site are minds that are subconsciously attempting to reinforce their reasons to believe what they believe, which in turn means they've likely begin questioning some of those beliefs to begin with. Future apostates I say.

A Believer himself is young and very uneducated regarding hardcore JW dogma. He(She?) wasn't even sure of the difference between the great crowd and the 144k. He's already come around to admitting in his latest OP that he does have some doubts. So let's cut him some slack.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

GTTE

Or the other perspective is - those of us who still attend meetings do so only for a number of reasons. The complexities of each person's life is a major factor. If I was a single man and had no family in, I would leave today. The problem is I have a lot of family who are witnesses. I also have a lot of friends in the organisation. My wife has witness friends up visiting on a weekly basis as she is very popular. I also have a belief in God, though I keep my personal beliefs private.Things become really awkward otherwise.

If I DA'd, the repercussions would be traumatic. It would also affect my health which I need to be careful about as would affect me very seriously.

Many on here may find themselves in similiar circumstances.So it's not all black and white for those of us still attending. I personally want to see the organisation reform and change its harmful policies. You can still be an activist whether in or out.

I understand where you are coming from in your op, but hope this explains my perspective.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Sometimes I had to wonder if this person was simply toying with this forum.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well said, Unshackle. I am in a similar situation as yours.

I hope that reforms do take place as well.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

What joe said is 100% spot on. Some here are easily trolled and wound up by the dubbies.... take a breath and see it fir what it is: they already know the real truth deep down, they simply havnt accepted it in their minds yet.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    I only see someone come on here once in a while and post something in retort. Is this really a big problem here on this forum?
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

One of the most disturbing features of membership of the WTS is the absolute ban of free speech. If you really speak your mind you know where the door is.

So, if someone comes here with a view, so long as it doesn't breach the rules of decency and fair debate that we adhere to then I for one will defend the right to express it. Nobody has to listen or agree or even respond to what is said. If we value free speech we have to allow free speech, we don't have to agree with the content.

• cobweb
    cobweb

You call this an anti JW board but it started out with many believing JWs. With discussion, open questioning, access to accurate information, patience and time, those who have a mind to listen, will naturally see the Watchtower teachings for lies. That is what happened naturally here, so that it has become an overwhelmingly ex-JW board. It would be a real shame if an aggressive attitude amongst the overwhelmingly ex-JWs community were to put off people coming here who are still at the tender stages in their journey - who are current believers right now, who are prickly, but are on this board which probably means that on a subconscious level, they know something is wrong, no matter what they say.

We should welcome current believing JWs and encourage them to discuss their beliefs in freedom and without personal attacks. They may come over as trollish, but allowances ought to be made - they have many misconceptions, biases etc, and come here with armor on and shield raised. I am sure that having a board full of apostates must intimidating. Being hostile to them is counterproductive. Venting at them for all of the hurt that the JW org has caused you is not fair or helpful. We were and are all victims to some extent - believing JWs just don't necessarily know it yet.

I have seen in the past, that people can start out here on this board a zealot with a defiant JW attitude, putting peoples backs up. But then, months later, after sticking around making judgmental posts etc, at some point, a change has occurred, and they start to recognize that they have been misguided. With that last post from A Believer, I think I see something similar happening to him. Such people ought to be made to feel welcome and encouraged to explore their beliefs and not driven away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit