www.jwawoken.com

by awokenjw 20 Replies latest forum links

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

welcome here. i went through your phase---44 years ago.

Be aware, though, that it is possible for people to trace the owner of a website domain name. That means that if some JW is nosy enough, they can find who you are, which could lead to you being called before a judicial committee. Sounds paranoid, but it has actually happened.

yep----that should clinch it.

• awokenjw
    awokenjw

Thank you all for your welcome replies. For those who asked to know more:

I moved to the eastern USA when I was 11 with my mom and 2 brothers. We are all MS in our current congregation but about 3 years ago one of my brothers was reproved which made me question the whole process and it brought a lot of sadness to my mom. There are other things that are still going on in my life that also helped me to see the control that Witnesses have over people. Over the years, being an MS and seeing a little bit of what goes on backstage have just added to that doubt. So I started doing research outside of WT literature and even joined jwrecoveryforum. I found that having a discussion with ones who have left or are trying to leave helps to affirm in my mind that I am not crazy for have those doubts.

So I created the blog to have just one more place where people like me can go and have those doubts freely. I just want to encourage free discussion of topics without WT literature so people can see the other side.

• awokenjw
    awokenjw
    Oh and yes thank you for your concern about the domain. I purchased the domain under an alias with a different address.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome awoken.....it's interesting to see that you developed doubts when you started getting exposed to WT procedures and policies as a MS.

I will read your blog now and tell you what I think

Take care

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Very well written blog. It's very detailed. Jwsurvey.org and jwfacts.com also cover a lot of this material too. Perhaps you could go to those sites and gain more for your blog.

Have you read 'crisis of conscience' by Ray Franz? I think you would like it.

Kate xx

• awokenjw
    awokenjw
    Thank you Kate. That was actually the first book I read. Interestingly I had a Gilead graduate friend at the time and I asked him if he had ever hear of Franz. He told me to ignore him as he was crazy and an apostate. That was what triggered in my mind that he must have something important to say if he has been labeled as an apostate.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Well done............do you have plans to exit? Or are you going to stay in the WT?

Kate xx

• awokenjw
    awokenjw
    No plans at the moment. It doesn't help that I am also involved with a pioneer sister in my congregation but hopefully I can sort all of that out.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Yes sounds like a difficult situation. If your pioneer sister is very zealous she might listen to a problem you have with a fictitious work colleague.

In the bible teach book in the appendix 70 weeks of years is discussed. The start date of Artexeres rule is not actually confirmed by historians as the bible teach book states. You could say you have been approached and can she help you solve this problem.

I found this when studying with my son, and had egg on my face when historians gave a different date to WT.

There are plenty more ideas you could use to test the water

Take care Kate xx

• awokenjw
    awokenjw

Thank you. I will be sure to take a look.

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit