Coming Out To My JW Sister

by Ame SF 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Giordano
    Giordano

Very nice. You and your sister have made a lot of friends on this forum. You for being honest about your true self....your sister for showing that her love wasn't conditional.

Love your family back and look for smart ways to be respectful and kind under your Mom's roof.

You have opted for the long game so start planning for the next 8 decades carefully. Education, a career, staying healthy, good friendships and much love.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Human sexuality is not limited to 3 discrete enumerations of homo, hetero and bi. Human sexuality is actually a smooth continuum. There are nominal heterosexuals who will find some few members of the same sex attractive; and there a nominal homosexuals who will find some members of the opposite sex attractive. Most people are at least very slightly bisexual but just choose to identify with the label that matches the gender they're most often attracted to and they may feel "dirty" about being attracted to someone of the other gender and work to suppress and ignore it, because there's the social and psychological pressure to choose one of the major labels and stick to it, so that life isn't complicated. Bisexuals are those persons at or near the middle of the continuum where the attraction to both genders are too strong for them to just choose one and suppress the other.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Your sister maybe just awesome we'll have to wait and see. I think younger ones are more capable of these idea and realities without the judgemental hate.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well written.

Maintain your dignity and self respect as you travel this path. There will be those who will make you doubt yourself, or question your self worth. Don't be surprised if some act differently to what you expect...

Ensure that those sort of people are not allowed to take away your dignity.

We wish you unconditional support!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am very happy for you that your sister took it so well and will not betray you, it must be a relief to be able to tell someone.

Be glad you realized that A) The religion is not "the truth" and B) you know you are a Lesbian. You are young and have your whole life in front of you and don't need to waste time in a religion you don't believe in or in relationships that would not ultimately be fulfilling.

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

There's a Facebook support group for exjw LGBT @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/glbtxjw/ and also online support at http://gayxjw.org/

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Maybe she herself is Gay, and hiding it from everyone as well? Maybe that's her rush to get out of the house? Just thinking out loud.

• Ame SF
    Ame SF

I wouldn't really think so WingCommander, although I'm not really sure myself so I'm not one to talk; She openly likes a guy at my congregation so if anything she's probably straight but I'm not going to interrogate my sister XD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit