Do You Still Not Do Things That A JW Wouldn't Do?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I always say Godzilla whenever anyone sneezes.

Athanasius

• Azalo
    Azalo

i went to college (although i guess thats ok now), premarital sex, smoked bud in college not anymore though cuz i'm in the military, thats another one. started celebrating holidays since my daughter was born. swear on occasion, get drunk on occasion, have strong political convictions which i would like to do something about one day, dont salute the flag except in umiform cause i am nto into worshiping anything. watch whatever movie i damn well please, read whatever i want listen to whatever music i want. if i were to see a jdub that i was friends with i would say whats up? if they ignored me i'd probably say something smart ass like "great job following jesus's example". basically i just try to be a good person, good father and good husband other than that i could care less what people especially jdubs think.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I still don't do Halloween, which is my own personal decision not to do. However, I celebrate most holidays and enjoy celebrating my birthday immensely.

• minimus
    minimus

I think it's morally wrong to celebrate birthdays and holidays. Recieving gifts is o.k.

• Red
    Red

well, let's see...since I left 2 years ago I have:

gotten a divorce, celebrate ALL the holidays, wear patriotic clothes, got a tattoo, my purpose in having a "few" drinks is to get drunk and dance my butt off at a nightclub, read my horoscope daily(ooh shame-shame), smoke when I feel like it-especially with a Budlite, and last but not least...fornicate, fornicate, fornicate!!! And I haven't been this happy in a very long time!!! And yes, I can still sleep at night knowing that I am doing all these things, I don't feel one bit guilty!

Isn't life great!

Red

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at blueballsblades.

Sex: yup (plenty) - these days, it's whenever.

Rayzor. what no groupies lately Mr DJ ?

Actually Min. the question should be. Do you still not do things that a jw shouldn't do ?.....because we all know that jw's do a lot of things they shouldn't....and normally they wouldn't....and the WTS said they couldn't....but then the WTS wouldn't change the rules would they, at least they shouldn't, because god said they couldn't..............where the hell was I. Thank you SinuTab Cold and Minimus Sinus Medication.

• undercover
    undercover
    I still don't do Halloween, which is my own personal decision not to do. However, I celebrate most holidays and enjoy celebrating my birthday immensely.

While I still don't really celebrate the holidays, I do like Halloween the best. Even when still active I secretly loved Halloween. The movies, costumes, practical scary jokes. The whole spookiness of it appealed to me. I didn't see it as demon worshipping or whatever. Now I go to halloween parties and enjoy the festivities of the holiday. I understand those that may question it and want to keep their children from it. It's up to each person and family to decide. The same with the other holidays.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I have never voted, but I'm resolved this election to vote for whoever runs against Bush

• minimus
    minimus

I know more and more JW's that don't go to meetings or out in service.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Celebrating Halloween is definitely a personal choice, I just never liked all the spooky stuff associated with it. When I married, my hubby still celebrated it with his son, and I calmly said I didn't. It wasn't a big deal, no one got upset, however, like you said undercover, it's definitely a personal and/or family decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit