Governing Body speaker ratings

by Fay Dehr 10 Replies latest social humour

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

OK, it's time. We've had opportunity to observe the 8 GB members speaking ability. Now it's our turn to give our honest ratings...using their own form, of course! Post your replies here, using the terms and ratings in their own form (link posted below) S-315 [link]

• Listener
    Listener

I don't know how a speaker can interpret his own talk. I would have thought it was the listener that does that.

Personally, I give most of them a plus or minus C except for Splane, who gets a B.

The other surprising aspect regarding the talk rating is their failure to rate any speaker regarding their ability to clearly and effectively discuss scripture.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Can effectively interpret a talk = Is proficient in newspeak.

• freddo
    freddo

I'd give them all a "Z - minus".

• asp59
    asp59

1 Timothy 4:15

Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.

Paulus is talking about public reading (platform)

There's no scores here. Either you are progressing and it's clear to everyone.

Or you are not.

GB maybe are good at preaching work

When it come to platform BIG mistake having GB members on broadcasting or travelling giving talks.

Cause that they are never progressing in the platform is clear to earth and heaven's.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

The Sydney international convention in 2003 was a turning point for me, the first time that I saw that rubber face guy with his choreographed expressions and bogus empathy on the big screen, I thought why would the true god put this guy up as a front line rep, surely there must be somebody at the WT controls with a bit credibility and charisma.

The WT often like to point to there "huge" magazine distribution but they fail to see that there are countless kids that have youtube followings that are 10 times the size.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Stephen lett has to be the biggest Joke /embarrassment on J.W.org surely .

But hey ! I`m glad he`s their as a spokesperson for the religion , because surely any sane person in their right mind not being a J.W. would view this and say WTF ? is this guy for real ? No way would I join up with this religion as him as an example

So keep him on J.W.org your doing us all a favour.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Lett is a terrible speaker, has to be rock bottom

• dozy
    dozy

What's the name of the token GB black guy - Samuel Herd? On the occasions I have seen any talks he has given , he just reads out his notes or the outline in a monotone word for word , occasionally glancing up at the audience very briefly so that he doesn't lose his place. He doesn't even read well either - no enthusiasm whatsoever. Sounds like a guy reading a railway timetable out loud. His morning worship performances would be enough to make any Bethelite nod off over their cornflakes.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/pub-jwbmw_201608_2_VIDEO

Not even a C rating and anybody of his standard wouldn't have been allowed to give public talks in my old congregation. A dreadful speaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efcgec2ZFZg

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

They all SUCK big time.
    Though GB have never been good speakers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit