Mark Noumair latest video on persecution on jw.org

by raymond frantz 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Going around jabbing people in the eye with a stick and then whining when you get a beatdown for it doesn’t make you “persecuted”…

…it just makes you an asshole.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Persecution for JWs is usually a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is just one of their certified means of claiming that they are the true religion. They fail to mention that other religions have been persecuted also. Historically, Rutherford exhaustively tried to provoke authorities against the IBSA (later JWs) so that he could get court time. This worked in their favor then since they had little to lose, but times have changed. A modern day court could strike down the privilege of door to door witnessing so WTS treads lightly on that issue. They are no longer doing Door To Door witnessing but the letter writing and telephone calls continue for now (even though they are not effective).

As a youth, I bought into persecution as a litmus test, but soon realized that we were provoking rather than being targeted. I often feel guilty when I remember the general attitude we had as we looked down on those we preached at - not to.

It makes me sad to think of the lives that have been squandered pursuing this form of religion. How many brilliant minds were herded into menial jobs instead reaching the potential they might have otherwise with some mentoring? I still remember the pride we took when others ridiculed us in the ministry while deep down, I wondered sincerely if we really were smart enough to see the TRUTH when others could not.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It makes me sad to think of the lives that have been squandered pursuing this form of religion. How many brilliant minds were herded into menial jobs instead reaching the potential they might have otherwise with some mentoring?

I agree that this is the greatest "sin" of JW's/WTS. How many individuals who had great potential in life have given all of that up to sell books and magazines to make the Religious Fortune 500 Corporation rich and richer?

SAD. (NOT Special Assm Day) LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit