World War 3

by Reservations 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Reservations
    Reservations

I’m calling it folks, World War 3 looks like it’s a done deal.

Belarus has entered Ukraine, and NATO is involved heavily, just not “boots on the ground”.

Will there be a nuclear exchange? I would have said no 5 days ago, now I’m not so sure.

How will this effect WT? Probably more of the same fear mongering.

• carla
    carla

"How will this effect WT? Probably more of the same fear mongering."- yes and every jw will be in good mood gleefully talking about war, pestilence, etc.... they live for times like these. Pandemics, war, 'persecuting' jw's around the globe, courts taking action against their pedo cover ups.... they are all probably flying pretty high right about now. Downright giddy with excitement I suspect.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This is serious no doubt. However, I don't think WW3 will last very long. Our technology is such that even IF Putin was crazy enough to launch, drones plus a good nuclear defense shield would probably shoot down anything he sent up. Then, a full nuclear strike against Russia would send them back into the Stone Age. No more Russia, and no more stupid bullshit.

At this point, China isn't dumb enough to back Putin's crazy Nuke threat either. They'll continue to sit this one out, smile, and rake in the profits. Oh, and they'll be the first ones into the nuclear wasteland once known as Russia, in order to take whatever natural resources (underground) that remain, just like they're currently doing in Afghanistan.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

A general nuclear exchange would be the end of civilization as we know it. Possibly worse than that in the longer term.

The US is incapable of stopping a Russian nuclear volley. It is possible that the US could take down a few weapons. But the Russians have the number available to easily overwhelm US defenses. The same goes the other way around. Russia has some very sophisticated air defense, especially around Moscow. But they would be overwhelmed by any US response.

Now I could see the current conflict in Ukraine resulting in some tactical nuclear exchange (but hope not). The Russians have a large advantage in numbers of tactical nukes. And Putin seems capable of such a thing. His Iskander medium range missiles are capable of hitting most military targets in Europe, and are both hypersonic and claimed to have a maneuvering warhead. Not likely that they can be intercepted with any surety. (Note also that many nuclear weapons systems have what is called, salvage fusing. They are designed to detonate even if they are hit.)

Putin has been preparing Russia's military with asymmetric capabilities to make up for the difference in defense budgets between Russia and the West.

In 10 minutes Putin could render Western Europe mostly devoid of any serious military capability, so that they would be incapable of threatening Russia for a long time to come. The question would be, how would the US (and Britain & France) respond. Any US response against the Russian homeland would also mean serious destruction in the continental US. In such a tactical strike on Western Europe, Russia might even leave Britain and France alone to let them think about their future.

I hope all this ends up being no more than theoretical chit-chat. But it appears that the world is already changed significantly in the last few days. What was a world economy has suddenly become two entrenched camps, East vs. West. And both sides appear to be feeling capable of sticking with their own viewpoint. This situation has been building for awhile. But we have now reached a new level of entrenchment. It's hard to see how things could return to the 'normal' we used to live with.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I just had a jw acquaintance tell me not to worry because Jehovah's Kingdom will step in right before everyone launches the Nukes. The Circuit Overseer has 'ASSURED' them, that Putin will not launch the nukes.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I hope he is right. But I don't see any basis for saying so. Especially on a limited use of nukes. There was no divine intervention in Japan in August 1945. Nor was there any intervention during the 2400 or so nuclear tests, some of which had serious effects of some people.

On the other hand, God has outlined how history will generally turn out. (I recognize that not all here would agree with that or accept that as a possibility.) But I could see God stepping in if His agenda was threatened, nukes or no nukes.

It seems like to say that God would not allow any use of nukes is to paint the one claiming such a thing into a corner. An unwise claim.

As an aside, here is Fyodor Lukyanov's view of how the world has arrived at the present predicament over the last 30 years or so. (Given how things are going, I don't know how long this RT News article will stay available.)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Russia wouldn't stand a chance! We have the most diverse army ever! Diversity is our strength. Even our women have balls, and our camo is rainbows.

• Reservations
    Reservations

I do miss that feeling of being 100% sure Gods kingdom will step in before nukes or ww3 started. It was a comfort blanket.

Now realising it has nothing to do with “God”, nothing is off the table.

I do think if Russia used a tactical nuke, the west would not retaliate.

I also have a feeling of Russia attacks a NATO country, although in the nato constitution it says they have to all come to their aid, I also think there won’t be a retaliation.

The fear for MAD (mutually assured destruction) is real and sadly I feel Russia can and will do as they please, nukes and all.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The Ukraine invasion is reminiscent of Budapest 1956 and Prague 1968. I'm more than a little worried where this is heading.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It doesn't have to be a done deal (WW III). The liberal utopian states want to stir the conflict because the globalists (their financiers) always end up with more power with each state of emergency. They live by: "never let a good disaster go to waste" .

The dictator's do not need the liberal media media to cover for them with their deceptions because they already have made an end run around their own elections. But, unlike the globalists and their liberal lackeys, they are against a new world order where national boundaries (physical and societal) are essentially meaningless.

This puts conservatives in the unusual position of siding with dictators who value nationalism, even if they are ruthless. The choice? Fake Democracy by the dictators vs., fake democracy as explained by the MSM. The dictators don't need it are not buying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5pMXGorBM&ab_channel=ColDouglasMacgregorClips

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit