What would happen if there was no more shunning?

by Maverick 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I have to go along with goofy. The thing that makes a cult a cult is that no questions are tolerated; no doubts admitted; no straying from the party line. This is true because of another cult characteristic: the cult is lead by an infallible leader offering an extravagant hope. If the leader is infallible, then there is no room for questions or doubts or variations from the party line.

In short, the WTBTS is caught up in a form of "muscle bound" architecture that admits no variation, no matter how small. And in this, they silence what could be their most valuable asset; the voice of the doubter that could lead them out of the forest of inaccuracy and into a more pure form of truth. But it will never happen. And why should it? They claim to be directed in each and every one of thier unique doctrinal positions by God himself. Of what benefit would a different voice, marching to a different drummer, be to an organization that already gets its marching orders from God?

Don't hold your breath. It would be wunnerful, but it ain't gonna happen.

francois

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Mouthy,

The article I quoted was just a joke. If you scrolled down you would see.

Anything that is printed by the society is to be believed by the publisher. I don't know what grounds you were DFed on but anything you make VOCAL agiainst the society.....is Apostasy to them.

Gumby

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Removal of their disfellowshipment policy would open the floodgates of change. It would require a complete 180 change at the top, and doing so would give a lot of dissidents a newfound voice. But it will never happen.

The only way for the Witnesses to be reformed, as I see it, would be for the Witnesses to divorce themselves from the Society. The religion and the printing presses would have to cease being one and the same. It could happen if the doctrines were good enough for most to cling to, but with all the chagnes over the years, the loyal Witness has come to expect, no depend upon, constant change from the top.

If the printing presses rolled to a stop, there would be no JW religion, just some tiny splinter groups caught in their respective timewarps (like the Associated Bible Students, or True Faith Jehovah's Witnesses). Comments from the Society regarding the continual production of the Watchtower and God's Approval thereof prove that the Society members themselves know this and rely on this.

If the disfellowshipping/disassociating ended, the Tower would fall, and all the people in it would be dispersed.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

What I think.

If they abolished shunning (which they won't) - we'd be able to show other J-dubs, some teachings that when closely examined etc., would certainly open their eyes and hopefully get them to question: EVERYTHING!!!

I could only hope that this would happen; if we could speak to other active JWs. But, I'm sure that's the whole purpose in shunning. Keep the active ones deathly afraid of us, and tell them how evil and wicked we are (puh-lease ) - keep listening to the Borg (WTBTS) as their only source of spiritual food.

Don't question anything...ever!

Don't doubt the WTBTS....ever!

Don't talk to those apostates..ever! Heaven knows we might know a thing or two.

I don't think that policy is going to change.

Would I return: hell no!

Mouthy wrote:

Then it goes on to tell what that is -- like Jehovah is soverign- that Jesus is subordinate to his Father,- that THEY are the faithful & discreet slave.( the Governing Body) & that 1914 is the end of the Gentle times. etc"\: etc: etc: etc:Excuse me while I go throw up!!!!!!!

I was howling at your comment Mouthy...you make visiting this forum, entertaining.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If there were no more shunning,dubs would be able to talk freely..How long would WBTS last,if dubs were allowed to talk freely?..Not long...OUTLAW

• metatron
    metatron

Actually, the end of official shunning wouldn't affect that much. People are free to shun on a personal level, even if judicial committees

are done away with.

The vital element here is, that Witnesses as a group, dislike and avoid critical thinking. They love to be simple-minded and

you can't stop that! Many 'dumb' religions have little or no excommunication and thrive anyway because their followers are

quite willing to had over their powers of reason to a guru, pope, pastor, or elder. If the old farts who run this cult think

they must have disfellowshipping to survive, I'd say they've underestimated how dumb Witnesses are eager to be. This religion

is losing collective intelligence with every platitude laden, dumbed down Watchtower they excrete - you would be hard pressed

to plumb the bottom of Witness intelligence. They really don't have much to worry about.

metatron

• ISP
    ISP

I can see the 'official' shunning ending....but the dubs will still do it! Bit like transplants......the WTS demonised them for so long that when they changed the rule, many dubs continued in their merry way!

The WTS will say that folks have a free choice...................

ISP

• metatron
    metatron

An addition to my previous post:

Please consider just how dumb Witnesses are. They apparently believe:

That mankind is only 6000 years old

That a printing corporation is telling the truth about Armageddon being near - ignoring 120 years of being consistently wrong

EVERY TIME!

That they should go to their deaths to avoid blood transfusion - but can freely accept a sticky, red fluid containing hemoglobin

and dozens of other idiocies - and WITHOUT ANY INDEPTH PROOF! The Society doesn't have to publish books against evolution

or explain themselves on blood or 1914 or much of anything. In effect, they just say "believe this" and the thralls respond.

It's so easy! Just repeat the same crap over and over and over .....

I'm reminded of Hari-Krisnas having a topknot of hair so their god can conveniently wisk them off to heaven or whatever.

You'll never find the bottom of Witness stupidity. I don't think its there.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit