Trump and the MEMO

by ducatijoe 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Outahere
    Outahere
    Those of us here wasting our time trying to show who Trump really is .... it's like trying to reason with all those still in the Organization.
    They have found a new person to fill their heads with lies and control they way they think. In many ways this ts amazing to me.
    I am out of the WBTS and free. No one will ever tell me how to think.
    And Hothbanero, For you sake if this rule of 1 man in DC continues..... I hope YOU are financially secure.... I am.
    If you are not.... your fucked

The caricature some people who hate Trump on this board love to use--calling others "cultists"-- is getting old and tiresome. Merely by using it, hyperbolic blowhard losers think they've won the argument.

By now, using "cult mentality," "you're still mentally in the Organization," or "you're in a cult" snark to defuse counter arguments is a stupid person's tactic.

It's only deployed by dumb, shallow thinking people who don't have a lot to go on other than their depressive insecure feelings and the toll that being rudderless antisocial ex-cult members has taken on them.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Is the FBI made up of people susceptible to partisan corruption?
    Does the Memo shed light on this?
    Are there facts which might be actionable?
    Should we care?

That's all I see.

• Outahere
    Outahere
    IMO, they went at it all wrong during the SOTU speech. My wife (who has no political opinions) was disturbed at the attitude Pelosi and Company openly displayed towards the "office of the Presidency", saying they should repect the "position" even if not the man. And there is a lot of that being said in the news today.

And then there was Joe Manchin (D-WV).

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/joe-manchin-democrats-were-wrong-to-sit-for-trumps-speech/article/2647654

Joe Manchin: Democrats were 'wrong' to sit for Trump's speech

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    By now, using "cult mentality," "you're still mentally in the Organization," or "you're in a cult" snark to defuse counter-arguments is a stupid person's tactic.
    It's only deployed by dumb, shallow thinking people who don't have a lot to go on other than their depressive insecure feelings and the toll that being rudderless antisocial ex-cult members have taken on them.

Image result for morgan freeman he's right meme

The vitriol anti-trump rhetoric on here displays a lazy approach to debate, even though most all of us share the same core values, I see little addressing and disagreement in the range of values to policy. Trump is called, Hitler, he's called stupid, I understand all the reasons he's unlikable but these types of claims are lazy, ignorant hyperbole. You should just think he is these things because we do without backing them up with any facts. There is plenty to fault trump on, try to be rational about it.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    They have found a new person to fill their heads with lies and control the way they think. In many ways, this is amazing to me.

I think you may be overstating this by assuming that anyone who supports trump, or even defends some of what he does or says as blindly following and agreeing with everything about him. I really don't see that. if for instance, he speaks of acts to a core value that made this country a success over its history, why does that have to be bad JUST because he is speaking it? To me, that is more biased and blind way of thinking than anything.

You can't cut through the nonsense and take everything on its own merit, it's just all good or all bad, that makes no sense. Black and white, good and evil us and them.

Trump talking about "clean coal" immediately sent off red bullshit flags in my head, and I said it as soon as he spoke those words. But when he is talking about showing respect and care for our military and our civil liberties, I have to agree with that! Its a value I have, and you probably have too.

I think the problem is the center, and a good part of the current right, are not expecting a perfect world, a utopian dreamland of fairness and equity. Study history, this only leads one place. I really don't see people accepting trump as all good, all knowing and all great, even his most ardent supporters, I think they just want to see outcomes. As mentioned time and again, the identity politics of the left gave birth to a pretty large group of people hiring a bully to punch back. You all act like the same country that elected Trump is not the same country that elected Obama... twice!! Clearly, there was great hope in Obama, and great disappointment as well by the end with the Democrats doubling down on the disappointing stuff and losing touch. They are more responsible for Trump than anything! thank the DNC, thank Hillary, Schummer and I don't see them trying to fix whats broken as we edge towards 2020

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Those of us here wasting our time trying to show who Trump really is .... it's like trying to reason with all those still in the Organization.

I have made this same point continuously here. I've been pretty diligent since i left the Washtowell cult to not fall for tribal ideology again, to remain as independent as possible, to analyze things based on actual issues instead of the group's position i belong to.

Yet, as you mentioned, and as we see in this forum and others, some of us transitioned right over to the cult next door, where again minds are readjusted based on group think, where everything our side of isle does it good, and everything on the other side of the isle is bad. How little we've learned.

The very act of calling yourself a democrat or a republican is already teetering on the edge of the spiral, though perhaps if you are judicious enough, you can keep your level of sanity above water. Once you have committed yourself to the in-group, you will feel the inner pressure to conform, to defend your team, to buy into the alternate reality, to excuse the inexcusable, to fail to see the wrong when it's wrong, and failing to see the right when it's right.

Reality doesn't work this way. I, for one, will continuously monitor myself as to avoid falling into the same trap again.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    not fall for tribal ideology again

Please codify Trump ideology?

The very act of calling yourself a democrat or a republican is already teetering on the edge of the spiral, though perhaps if you are judicious enough, you can keep your level of sanity above water. Once you have committed yourself to the in-group, you will feel the inner pressure to conform, to defend your team, to buy into the alternate reality, to excuse the inexcusable, to fail to see the wrong when it's wrong, and failing to see the right when it's right.

I agree with that wholeheartedly and I am constantly against partisan thinking, I find the leadership of both parties to be shitweasels on the same level. I just happen to see now a great emergence (especially since Hillary lost) of a totalitarian left, the right just seems to be their business as usual.

My point again is no one discusses things on a policy level (extracted from tribal "sides"). Or individual philosophical ideas. If you don't agree with the leftists (current flavor of the day) view of Immigration policy you are "a racist, bigot, xenophobe, trump supporter, trump ideologue". Even if those ideas do not BELONG to Trump, but a deeper core concept that immigration should be more responsible. Simple, not complicated. You should be able to agree or disagree with anyone in either tribe on principles and values, when you give up that, you have crossed the groupthink line.

Based on my personality in tests, I am far more inclined to be liberal, but this modern left movement is not liberal, its anti-liberty and moving swiftly toward being totalitarian in nature.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Please codify Trump ideology?

Well no it's not just Trump ideology. This can happen across the board. Now, while it's true that many Trump supporters (not all), come across as completely irrational and committed to supporting him no matter what, this type of stupidity is present on folks who call themselves progressive too. I see many people on the other side of the spectrum who also refuse to speak the truth because they see the current politically correctness fever as a sign of enlightenment, or perceived modernity, or because of their skewed view of the word where equality must be crow-barred at any cost.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

REDVIP2000:

Very well put everything you said. I totally agree with you. This political correctness has to go.

• Outahere
    Outahere
    Trump talking about "clean coal" immediately sent off red bullshit flags in my head, and I

Yeah that's a crock, but it's politics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit