Once you've proved the truth to yourself you don't need to keep trying to disprove it...

by cognisonance 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

THE WORST D.O. I have ever seen (and his horrible insulting wife also) gave a talk at an assembly and made a GIANT point about how "YOU CAN'T DISPROVE THE TRUTH"

All I thought about (besides wanting to punch him) was hmmm bet you can't Disprove Leperchauns or Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster.

Because if his talks and his wife's LONG interview where she counseled everyone, patted her self on the back often, and said Stephen Hawkings is stupid - it was the WORST ever!

• jp1692
    jp1692
    cognisonance: even mathematicians are reluctant to say something is totally true.

This is how it is in science. You can never positively and unreservedly prove anything true once and for all time.

All explanations are tentative based on the idea that we could learn something later that proves us wrong. So who is more humble: religionists or scientists?

I think the evidence speaks for itself.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, the BIBLE itself says "Keep on proving your faith".

Doing it once and never questioning anything, is like eating once, and then saying "I'll never have to eat ever again"

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Once you've proved that the truth is the truth, why do you have to keep going to those damn meetings for the rest of your life?

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

How do you prove its the truth in the first place lol, Hearsay? a feeling? They haven't done that even...hehe

sickening.....

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

You want to get to your friends house and call him to get directions. He sounds persuasive on the phone and tells you where to go, where to turn etc. He tells you you`ll be there in about 30 minutes.

So, you drive and follow the careful notes you took when talking with your friend. Only, after an hour, when your finally at the end of those steps, you don`t see his house anywhere. Assuming that his instructions were fine, you take for granted that you took the wrong notes or turned at the wrong place somewhere.

So you call your friend again and he asks you where you are at now. So he gives you new directions to get to his house. You should be no more than 10 minutes away.

So, you drive and follow the direction and again, you land at the wrong spot. So you call your friend again! Assuming you are wrong and he is right!

This goes on for several hours until you finally realize he is making you drive around in circles!

Will you than say: I cannot doubt my friend. I started this journey with absolute trust and so, I must trust him now.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Brilliant Stephane! Simply brilliant!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Pete Zahut and StephaneLaliberte. Very Good Points.

As Pete says, why do we need to go to the meetings and reaffirm ourselves about the truth. Do we need to get together twice every week and affirm ourselves that the sun, moon and Gravity is true, and also go and tell people in the neighborhood that these are true ?

Truth need to be told only once. Only Lies need constant Propaganda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit